DO PEOPLE JUST NOT GET IT?????

6 minute read time.

just thought id share with you all an arguement that ive just had with my cousin.... as it sort of goes with the last blog i did....because in my last blog i explained how people didnt understand, and how this site has been a great help..... but man she has reallllly wound me up!!!!!!!!!

why cant people even try to understand.... =(

19:08Amy

omg do u sit on facebook all day!!ur always on line lol

19:07Me

yeahh pretty much lol thats when im not out for lunch or at appoitnemnts

19:08Amy

u need to get out more lol u not goin bak to work?

Me

not yet no, dnt feel ready

19:09Amy

ul feel better and wont be sat on here all the time lol dont u get bored?.

19:11Me

cuz i dont sit here all the time amz... most days and nerli every weekend im away, and if im on the other days thats cuz im on my way out or summut...

im havin counselling every two weeks, still suffer with breathlessness and everything else, still get tired easily

19:14Amy

awww but maybe ur still suffering because u need a change u know like a different scene everyday,start5 gettin  ur life back do normal,u know wat i mean? u not goin bak to work then??!

19:15Me

yeah il be goin back to work when i feel mentally ready. when ive got more confidence,

i am doin all i can... and i wont be goin back to that job i want a new job but try tellin a new employer that u had cancer and that uve got depression and havin counselling, it just wont work

19:19Amy

do u not like that job then?theyl listen emma ur not the only 1 whos had cancer!!

its discrimination if they dnt!!i thought u were fine seen as u had ur party and goin away etc,

are u really depressed then?

19:20Me

dont think il go back to somewher that  said il loose weight havin cancer...yep i am depressed...even if i am doin stuff.. and no i no im not the only one thats had cancer, but i will still get turned away

anyways, wot u doin with urself nowadays? wher u livin now? why didnt u come my party? not spoke to u in months?

Amy

i never came because we never speek so didnt see the point really.  well my dad had cancer and hes worked all his life they didnt turn him away.  why dnt u try college or u just want to be at home?  im very well thanx, hows u and john?

me

well if thats how u wanna be amz then fine ok, if we dont speak why u askin all these questions,

ur not interested anyways, and il go back to work when im good and ready to go back to work,

im only 20... so thers plenty of time for me to go back to work

Amy

i was making coversation as we havnt spoke seein how u werre

Me

because u never bothered to pop up and see me only once in the beginning..

u come online never say hello. say ud be here but u wernt... u even changed ur number and didnt say. n then u never came my party to even celebrate. and then u keep asking bout work, i dont want to sit at home, but i have no confidence to go somewher else at the minute, i told u im having counselling,  and u ask me if im really depressed. yeahh i am...or i wudnt be goin counselling.. ok fair enough u wanna make convo but just feels like ur naggin at me bout work

Amy

Emma im not naggin u its reality. im not guna be a hypocrit why should i just come and see u because u have cancer?!! my dad had cancer and he went threw worse than you emma!!  u had ur party at 5 weeks after u were cleared which is why i thought u were going back to work and movin on!!

Me

amy!! CANCER IS NO JOKE !!!!! nor is it to compare who was sickest or illest!! u wudnt no wot i went thru!!! so just f**k right off!!!!!!!!!! cancer is a matter of life or death amy!! either way, me and ur dad faced dying!! so no, ther is no worse!!!!!

Amy

im not bloody comparing emma im basicly saying u never died u made threw it so get out there and start enjoying urself!!! dnt get soo workd up

maybe ur depressed because u read too much into things?

19:37Me

then why say ur dad went through worse than me

cancer is still cancer amy

doesnt matter wher u get it

how u get it its still shit u try bein in my shoes u sure wouldnt like it and no i dont read into anything

just dnt no who or how u dare to even say what uve said to me and im sayin no more amy i was fine b4 u started tlkin now uve wound me up 

Amy

u type to fast woman!!  (arguement finished there)

is it just me over reacting??? or was she just way out of line??? either way, its got me really mad... just shows dont it that

sorry its a rant just needed to get it out!!! =(

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Em,

The best way to sort out your loving cousin. Is arrange for her to go with you on a visit to a Hospice.

What is really troubling her is that you are a caring gentle loving Person who managed to get Remission

Where as her Father unfortunately didnt make  it.

So her Dads Cancer was worse than yours.what a stupid childish thing to say. Cancer is Cancer no matter what way you look at it. Tell her to get a grip.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hiya em

go back to that 1st line ......"omg do u sit on facebook all day!!ur always on line lol"

so why is she always on fb ?????cos she must be to see u are?

simple answer would have been - same reason as you maybe?

my darling dad used to say

"you do what you want "

its simple but easy to live by

read your previous blog - loved it!!!!

tweety is a sweetie

take care hun

big big (((HUG))) xNx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

She'll be feeling pretty awkward right now - even if she doesn't get why! Everything she says seems to be about you getting back to "normal". What she means is she's feeling guilty as **** and, like Juju says, now that the cancer's gone you and her can just pick up where you left off. Whether you let that happen is up to you but it sounds like you had friends enough without her so try not to dwell on it - easier said, I know.

I had similar things happen with people who  'disappeared' - at first, it was disappointing because it was so unexpected and it wasn't like I wanted anything from them. People quickly separate out into the ones you take and the ones you take or leave. The thing to remember is YOU get to decide!!

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Emziee

I'm not one to step into family affairs, but don't let things like this get to you:-

1. It's not good for your health

2. Its not worth it.

I got silly comments and questions for me to answer and I let them pass or just laugh.  I know it's easier said than done, and sometimes I wonder how I do it.

Someone asked me why my Dad couldn't have a liver transplant (as the secondary cancer was in his liver and bones), also had someone ask where my dad would be buried (bearing in mind Dad was in the hospice but still alive!!)

And the same person also asked on the day of my Dads funeral - how much the casket cost!!

They are just a few of the silly comments, I could probably think of more that was asked in the last 3 years whilst my Dad was ill, but now is not the time and place.

There are some people that just don't understand and are pretty ignorant and damm right rude  - oh and THICK.

Anyway Keep smiling Emziee ^_^ hope you feel better soon, in your own time & take it easy!!

Monkey888 xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Emziee

Just wanted to add that you dont need people in your life who cant support you in whatever way you need supported.....cancer and depression arent illnesses that you can just draw a line under and say " thats it Im better now!!"".

Keep doing whatever feels right for you, dont let anyone else influence your decisions. Take care of you, and your real friends and supporters will understand.

Take care,

Love Sharonxx