Wednesday 27th March 7th day post 2nd Paclitaxel

1 minute read time.

Last night was horrendous Tired face my feet, ankles & knees all hurt. My fingers and toes tingled then later it felt like my toenails were being pulled out, and my left hip hurt and during the night I was woken with the feeling of a knife cutting my left thigh open. I didn't know what to do. I can't understand why after the EC and Filgrastim giving no problems it's so bad with the Paclitaxel.

I phoned chemo nurses today for advice and I have been advised to try and take paracetamol regularly throughout today, and tonight to try the codeine and some Naproxen that I have been prescribed by my GP for back problems. I have been told to be watchful for bleeding etc and to call I get any problems. I always check with the chemo nurses before taking any medicines as I know things can cause problems. I'm hoping this works for me. I have been told that I should mention everything to oncologist next week as there maybe something else that can be tried for my final 2 chemo sessions. 

Fingers crossed this all works. Remember to always check with chemo nurses before taking any medication. 

Anonymous
  • Hi Dignahtee

Sorry to hear that chemo didn't stop your cancer growing, and that you really suffered with your radiotherapy 5 weeks seems a long time to have that. Hope your surgery goes well when you have it.

I had surgery first, will have radiotherapy after chemo but not sure how many as yet. 

The Morphine is a low dose but hopefully it will work when I need it. 

Sending hugs x