Chemo second cycle started 24 September 2021

1 minute read time.

Well I thought I would be more prepared this time round and in a way I was, no night time trips downstairs for hot water, gloves at the ready etc.

However, the infusion hurt my arm more, but the nurses wrapped it in a warm towel and that made it bearable.

Just a trip to the loo made my throat seize up slightly it felt like my tongue was too big for my mouth, I was quickly attended to with a hot drink and wrapped up ready for my journey home. My husband was called to meet me outside the ward rather than my walking to the car park alone as I had done the previous time.

I wasn’t nearly sick in the evening, I was sick but just the once and I slept much better than after the first night of cycle one.

On day 2 we went on holiday, a few hours in the car (not me driving) and that was fine. I was more tired than in cycle one, naps most afternoons and very little activity wore me out. When we got back I rang the unit as I had a few problems with my bowels and had to take the “Imodium” tablet. I also was told to stop taking the capecitabine tablets for a couple of days. I was still tired and needed a nap on the final day of tablets.

Since then I have been good, cooked a fish pie and a lasagne this evening. Fish pie is for tomorrow evening when I get home from day 1 of cycle 3. Daughters are coming to help husband with looking after me, cheering me up and keeping me entertained.

Feeling apprehensive.

Anonymous