Nlot so many tears today

1 minute read time.

I cried a bit this morning - mornings are the worst when I wake up and realise it's not a bad dream and he's really gone.  Keeping busy is the answer so I signed and stamped all the letters I'd typed last night informing people of John's death - at least I've made a start but there's still a long list of people to tell (they're not so urgent so they can wait).

Planned to spend the day with my lovely friend Pat who I'm going on holiday with on Friday.  She arrived at 11 o'clock and we had a cuppa and ventured out.  I'd made an appointment to look at a mobile home - yes, I'm thinking about moving but wanted to look at one before I make my decision to sell the flat.  Perhaps I'm jumping the gun, considering how the market is, but we did see a lovely home, pristine and ready to move in to, on a lovely retirement site that permits pets and very central.  Giving it some thought.

Then we went to the beach and had fish and chips at my favourite cafe, just as John would have liked them - big fat chips and crisp batter on the fish.  Gemma had a sausage which I ordered specially.  A lovely walk and then a trip into town to post the letters and visit the local book shop where we bought a couple of games to take on holiday - Othello and Yahtzee and a pack of cards.  Then a cup of coffee and a piece of cake and back home.

My daughter and son-in-law came round to fetch my suitcases down from the loft - I HATE lofts!  We had a cuppa and talked about John - they both thought the world of him.   When they'd gone Gemma and I settled down to toast and Marmite and watched Emmerdale.  Then I did some ironing for my holiday - haven't touched the iron in weeks so there was quite a pile.

So, here I am.  Telling you all about how I've spent my day.   Hope you're not too bored! :0)

Tomorrow I'm planning to go back to my writing class for the first time in weeks. I got a lovely card signed by every member of the class the other day so I'm really looking forward to seeing them all. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

How could we ever be bored, Madge? What's the caravan like? Can you sit outside? does it have a garden space? can you see the sea? what do you write? mmm you made me want fish and chips.. did Gemma have a sausage with batter on or not? Othello and Yatze- I love those games... see? so many questions....  so not boring!

You are an amazing woman and inspiring to me Madge and I say sod the ironing (I don't even know where mine is)

Glad you are going to the writing club cos writing helps and enjoy your break away (as much as you can) and please keep telling us your days cos they are lovely to read about and I think about you so so much and this gives me a glimpse into your world and how you are doing so I want to hear about your  'normal' days even though they are not normal of course. and your not normal sad days too and all of them..

Give Gemma a kiss from me

and the biggest hug to you Madge (oh and there was no mention of chocolate on there.. hmmm that needs to change right now! )

Little My xxxxxx