madmadge

• Today's been a good day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Monday 13th June 2011

Woke up this morning feeling as if I hadn't been to sleep at all.  I'm finding it very hard to wind down with all the toing and froing to the hospital.

My lovely granddaughter stayed with me last night and I started the day by driving her to her friend's for a lift to college at 8.15.  Then John's daughter phoned and we arranged to meet at the hospital at 12pm in the hope of seeing a…

• John still in hospital

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sunday, 12th June 2011

Forgive me if this doesn't make much sense but I'm sooooooo tired!

Just come back from the hospital - I seem to have been virtually living there for the past few days.  John is a lot better than when he first went in but having a few ups and downs.

He's been receiving fluids through an IV since he was first admitted but it wasn't working too well so they took the canula out and have been…

• Been at hospital all day - John admitted by ambulance early this morning.

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thursday 11th June, 2011

John began having diarrhoea last night, after previously being constipated.  In the end he was stuck on the toilet for an hour and a half with everything pouring out of him.  (Sorry to be so graphic.)  Called the twilight nurses and a male nurse came round to give him an injection for sickness.  That made him sleepy and he soon dropped off to sleep exhausted.  I had made him promise to call me if…

• At last they're sitting up and taking notice!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Wednedsday 8th June, 2011

The District Nurse phoned out of the blue, even though the doctor came yesterday, and asked if it was convenient to call.  Of COURSE it was!  She took John's blood pressure and also some bloods which will be required for tomorrow's appointment with oncology.  However, she said that he need not attend if he's worried about feeling ill and can request that the results of the scan be sent…

• Doctor came at last

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Tuesday, 7th June 2011

Today has been a bit difficult.  I attended the burial of my uncle's ashes.  He has been interred with his father (my grandfather) in a previously unmarked grave.  The family are arranging for a stone to be erected in memorial to both of them now.  It was quite moving, especially as John is so ill now.  My uncle was 89 when he died and had a long innings and, although sad that he has gone, I wished…