madmadge

• Life without John

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I don't really know where to begin but I'll try to make some sense out of the last few days, the days I've spent since my Darling left us on 22nd August and my world fell apart.  I never knew I could feel such sadness.

This will be the first night I've spent at the flat since he passed away.  My daughter Nikki took me in because I couldn't face coming back and that's where I've been staying, till now.…

• The End of John's Journey

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm sitting in my daughter's lounge with her laptop, not something I'm used to, and hoping this will be published.  They're all in bed - not early risers - so it's just Gemma and me.

As y0u all kn0w J0hn passed away 0n M0nday.  By the way, I'm using the zer0 0n here because the pr0per letter 0 d0esn't w0rk very well and I have t0 hit it several times!

N0w that I'm 0n line I d0n't really kn0w…

• My dear John passed away on Monday 22 August

FormerMember
    FormerMember

John has gone and I can't believe how much I miss him.  I sat with him for two days and nights and he finally drew his last breath yesterday morning.

I will blog more when I can but I'm at my daughter's using her laptop and feel just about strong enough to tell you all.  Have to keep telling myself he's free from pain but I feel so lost without him.

He made me the happiest I've ever been but now I am the…

• Muddled Update - My head's all over the place!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

First of all, thank you so much if you have sent me a PM.  It really means a lot and I do read them all, even if I don't reply.

John went into MacMillan again on Saturday morning after a terrible night of pain and having to wait for an hour for any relief from the twilight shift.  He asked to go in because he was so frightened of it happening again. 

He seemed to settle in OK but the next morning he was pleading to…

• Everything seems so hopeless

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's nearly midnight and I should be tucked up in bed but my head's all over the place.  I'm not even sure what I'm going to write because there's been so much going on over the past few days.

First off, John sorted out his Will which has put his mind at rest somewhat.  We've ordered a hospital bed and expect it to be installed at some point next week.  I really hope it sorts out the pain he gets…