Went in to fill in forms, and got Biopsy results...

1 minute read time.

Evening folks.

I don't know what the stats are for misdiagnosis, but apparently I DON'T have Hodgkins, I have NON Hodgkins (diffuse T cell blah blah).

So I will have 6 - 8 treatments with this new bag, which isn't strictly chemo, it an anti-body that begins with R. And 3 goes at IGEV, with next week being the 2nd. So I get 'R' this Monday, then the following Wed when I'm home (pop in to ward for morning) then again on 21st, then a week off for xmas ... also will have dates set soon for stem cell extraction.

I feel a bit gutted, as I was just getting my head around have HL! Which may sound stupid, but that's how it is ...

I didn't ask if much difference in prognosis, just went off to get the forms filled in ready for going in. I don't need to go in on Sunday night as I don't have a ''bulky mass'' on my neck this time, so can just turn up 9am on Monday.

I've told my mother what the schedule is but not about change in diagnosis coz I can't deal with her high level anxiety. I just had to chill her out anyway as my 13 yr old was trying to sneak off to stay with her girl friend at a boy's house (differing stories let them down) and I tried joking about teens and my mum turned it into a scary event all about boys and men planning something 'dreadful'. Fucks sake, teens do this type of thing, ie: sneaking, and pulling a fast one. Boys may indeed try it on, but the way she went on she made it sound like a paedophile ring!

Anyway. My 13 yr old has been delivered to her friend's house where her mum is keeping them in!

And I may open the vodka.

That is all xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

*whispers* Hi Colin!!

Thanks - I waited until today to tell Deri so she could get show and party out of the way and not worry too much, and then she just says ''Oh, ok," haha!

Get back to that task then quick!!

:))

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Your youngest was your extra special gift, as mine was.......it was he that kept me going and knows when I need a special hug...even though he's living away now...but home for a week at Christmas HURRAH!

Children cope so much better. Deri probably thinks ok Mum is ill.......and she's still ill. You've got different treatment but she wouldn't be able to know the difference. how are the nightmares?

Think how you are handling your mother is very sensible. You have to be a bit selfish and put yourself first. Just make sure that you give her hugs and tell her that you are lucky to have such a caring mum, but that you need to get your head round things too. I think she will perhaps be hurt, but will understand, like my mum.

Take care

Louise xxxxxxx

PS Daughter sent text this morning "One month today! xxx" Soooooooooo excited!