Went in to fill in forms, and got Biopsy results...

1 minute read time.

Evening folks.

I don't know what the stats are for misdiagnosis, but apparently I DON'T have Hodgkins, I have NON Hodgkins (diffuse T cell blah blah).

So I will have 6 - 8 treatments with this new bag, which isn't strictly chemo, it an anti-body that begins with R. And 3 goes at IGEV, with next week being the 2nd. So I get 'R' this Monday, then the following Wed when I'm home (pop in to ward for morning) then again on 21st, then a week off for xmas ... also will have dates set soon for stem cell extraction.

I feel a bit gutted, as I was just getting my head around have HL! Which may sound stupid, but that's how it is ...

I didn't ask if much difference in prognosis, just went off to get the forms filled in ready for going in. I don't need to go in on Sunday night as I don't have a ''bulky mass'' on my neck this time, so can just turn up 9am on Monday.

I've told my mother what the schedule is but not about change in diagnosis coz I can't deal with her high level anxiety. I just had to chill her out anyway as my 13 yr old was trying to sneak off to stay with her girl friend at a boy's house (differing stories let them down) and I tried joking about teens and my mum turned it into a scary event all about boys and men planning something 'dreadful'. Fucks sake, teens do this type of thing, ie: sneaking, and pulling a fast one. Boys may indeed try it on, but the way she went on she made it sound like a paedophile ring!

Anyway. My 13 yr old has been delivered to her friend's house where her mum is keeping them in!

And I may open the vodka.

That is all xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I think LM should take that door in.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I shredded it with my teeth about an hour ago. I'll get a new one...

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there

Bloody, bugger, shit, shite, fuck, fart to those idiots in the laboratories and the doctors and consultants and everybody responsible for getting it wrong!  You are entitled to be angry and entitled to cry and get snuffly!

Hope the vodka helped and you should defo hit the chocklit!

Hilary and LM together on one broomstick!  Lord help us!!!!!!

Hope they feel suitably chastised and embarrassed by their inadequacies by the time you've finished with them Ems.

Much love,

Nin xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Nin!!! :) xxxx

I feel bit deflated to day folks. Its just tiring, one thing after another, goalposts changing constantly, etc.

And it's not that I think anything worse will necessarily happen etc, but I had got my head round dealing with 'X', and now it's 'Y', and now I have questions about why it was misdiagnosed and my trust has been shaken a bit, ya know?

Bleugh. That's what I think

xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I don't know enough about the condition - either of them - to make any guesses, and it wouldn't excuse the medical people in any case. But the lump was responding to treatment, wasn't it? (Wasn't it?!) So I am clinging to the hope that they haven't completely fked up, and that everything you've been through so far has at least been of some good.

But there, I am a cockeyed optimist.

It's being so cheerful as keeps me going ...

(PS: I love LM, but am not sharing a broomstick with her and her Sunday Best Bum unless she promises to wear her stout corduroy dungarees.)

xxx