The good, bad, ugly, and the fun!

4 minute read time.

Goof evening dears!

Sorry for anything which follows which may repeat stuff I put in The Room!

Made my call to the Heath Monday morning: explained my circumstances - was told that there was another lady with the same disease status as me (now there's another new bit of terminology... disease *status* - hey, what's your status..? haha) who had been pencilled in for the 13th March, and if she hadn't been told that already, they could swap us over... so waited for a call the next day.

So Tuesday I went for my reflexology...always bliss. The manager, Diane, stopped me for a natter afterwards; she likes to see how we're doing and make sure they're doing what they can etc. As we sat chatting, Diana told me about Carer's day, which is once a month. She said my mother could come in that Friday for a free treatment - I said yes, call her, she'd love it and she deserves it! Then I told her I was hoping for a call and hoping it would be the 13th - and then my phone rang and I had the news I wanted!! Yes! :)) They said my ''release date'' (haha, am I in prison heehee) would be the 6th April - fab... that means I can be home in time for Easter and for Deri starting new school :)))

On Wednesday, as mum and I were walking towards the cinema from car park, I had a call from the Heath....
This rant may prevent me from punching my dentist in the face, or the balls.
Ok, as we know, I am due to go in for a stem cell transplant soon. Prior to going in, they send you for tests and scans and x rays and to the dentist - to check you have no areas of weakness or infection etc anywhere in your body (lungs/teeth/kidneys etc etc) which would be trigger during transplant - this would result in an extra nasty infection due to zero immune system and therefore heavy duty antibiotics and possible a proglonged stay in hospital (already in for 3 weeks).
Ok, so passed all my tests, then went to see dentist - (should add here that I am seriously PHOBIC about the dentist. Without a doubt, I very much am! I asked for sedation last time I went, he refused, kinda mocked me, so I didn't go again until now!) - I explained it to him. He said that I needed some work done but the healing would take weeks and delay the transplant, BUT that the work needed was not urgent and would cause no DIFFUCLTIES OR INFECTIONS DURING TRANSPLANT. He had to write a letter to this effect to my consultant. He said 3 treatments, a week between each one, and 4 weeks to heal the root extraction.

I took the letter with me when I saw her this week.. I opened up the envelope and saw immediately that he addressed letter to the name of the hospital. Erm... Then he started letter with a reference to me missing one of his appointments. Um... but went on to say I could have treatment done at a later date.
Anyway, the Heath hossie called to say his letter was a bit dubious so they called him - he told them something rather important that he omitted from his letter - I actually have an abcess on one root, not active as such but its there, waiting. And that he can do all 3 things on one day (Thursday) and with strong antibitocs, I'll be healed in 7-10 days.

WTF??

So I could have gone in on 13th, had the SCT, and then had a massive infection and abcess, delaying my recovery and causing potentially dangerous complications?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

By the way, we went to watch The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - AMAZING!!! Just beautiful :))) Such a nice treat too, just me and mum, doing something relaxing :) Such a very very good film!

As I am phobic , I was nervous and stressed already about going to the dentist. They wanted me to go to him today and get this work done?? I called Windsor suite first thing this morning and spoke to the fab Sandra, who spoke to the orthandontist to see if THEY could fit me in instead. As he had offered me an appointment, they couldn't treat me :( I told them I will need sedation, and Sandra got a prescription ready to pick up prior to appointment with Mr Thicko Dentist.

First, it was Cwmdu school's mini Eisteddfod, so went along with mum and Bryan, bought tea, cake and raffle tickets and watched Deri and her gang sing and play instruments and also be waitresses/waiters for our tables :))) Fab!! Always a little tear in the eye :))

Then, off I went, picked up sedative and off to stooopid dentist, feeling a bit sleepy - that may have prevented me kicking him in the balls! ;))
Some weird contraptions were shoved in my mouth and two back molars were tugged out. A re-filling done too, and then home, where I fell into a drug induced coma for a few hours, thanks to a lift home from mum and Bryan, who also left a meal for the kids and soup for me :))) I will be looking after the wounds very well to help them heal in time for the 13th!

Tomorrow is a day or much leisure - coffee with Jo early morning, then meeting Lou, then meeting LM, then off out to the Manor hotel in the evening!  I need some spoiling after today!!

Much lovely St David's Day cwtchs to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Can you change dentists, or is that the only NHS surgery available? He sounds like a twat. With apologies to all the other twats.

Anyway, I'm glad that you have a set date, mainly on the grounds that the sooner it starts, the sooner it will be over. In the meantime, I guess we had better spend the next 10 days distracting your mind. Does that mean me doing my little dance again? God help us all.

*massive hugses*

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Phew, glad that is done, well done you and have a great day today xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm with Hils on this. Do not go anywhere near that poor excuse for a human being ever again. Perhaps there is a way of you being able to see orthodontist at hospital, and if you hadn't got so much else on your plate I would have said to lodge a formal complaint...although if you have a chance, do put something on the NHS Choices website.

I'm so pleased that you had a chance to hear Deri before you go into hospital, and that, all being well, you will be out of hospital for when she starts her next adventure.....her new school.

I hope your mother enjoyed her pampering this afternoon, and you also had a lovely time with friends, and have a fantastic evening.

xxxxxx

• I am also with Hils and Louise what an out and out utter T he wants strapping in that chair and we all attack him with his drills probes and everything else.I am sure Deri was a shining star at the concert and I am also sure you must have felt very proud of her.Glad they have given you a date you can work with home for Easter and Deri going to new school.i hope the 3weeks go by quickly much love and huge hugs Cruton xxxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oooh Hilary, do your dance... go on!!!

I think I said it in the room and in person already... but my offer of leg tourettes and planks of wood and posting bags is always there- just ask....

It was s so  fab tosneak in an extra visit and  see you today and your ducks and kids and dog and lovely house and lovely you and I am a bit sad that I won't see you again for a while and I don't like the thought of the next bit...:(

BUT the bit after that will be fun and when I can drive again and you are allowed out and tubeless, you are coming with me to my health club for a day of lounging around and giggling and spa pools and loveliness and life and fun and cwtches with your girls.

3 weeks of shite for that... gotta be worth it Oh and no pretending to be rubbish to get out of missions.. I can see through a fake bleaurgh text a mile off hahaaaa!

I did wonder if we should have combined mission competitions for more fun....??? we could do progress resports, but I think they are going to keep me too busy to have times for missions what with all the jogging up and down the ward and press ups etc  but either way, we will text and email and stuff and here's to  you being home for new schools and all that. :)

Have fun tonight with fake that and don't drink too much vodka!! Oh sod, it drink loads!!! 

Love you

Little My xxx aka banana.