Now it's Plan C, actually!

2 minute read time.

Greetings.

Went in today with my 24 hour urine sample and to have bloods taken,a nd to find out what time the new regime would be starting next week. But, last night, my armpit on right hand side felt tender. I thought mayeb it was referred pain from swollen Lumpy, but thought I had better mention it anyway.

So then I had to be prodded and wait for a scan. A surprise bonus today!

Scan = nothing. Hoorah. The sister of the ward said during BEACOPP, one IV had to be given at 7pm and she lived locally, she would come back in to do that for me. How very lovely!!

Came back to work, started eating lunch; phone call - thought it may be the Doc from the Gwent with a biopsy appointment. Noo.

Sandra from my hospital: um, the radiologist assessed the drugs in BEACOPP and said they were very similar to ABVD, therefore, no point having BEACOPP. So.... I am Going In. BUT, not to Cardiff, they are going to do the treatment in Abergavenny. So, go onto ward tomorrow to sign all the paperwork, then get admitted Sunday afternoon/evening, get hooked up to chemo Monday morning, and then have a drip in all day every day Mon-Thurs, then on  Fri get fluids etc via IV, then go home Fri night if all is well, to collapse into my bed for a week or three. Then do same again in December; they will then test me after two of these delightful courses, and see what's what.

Soooooooooo... there we have it. After making some kind of strangled noises I kinda got round to thinking, actually, 5 days 'inside' is less complicated than going in on days 1,2,3,8 etc, and I won't have to try and smile feebly at my 7 year old each evening... I will obviously be fairly feeble when I come home after 5 days, but as I won't have to be taking anything at home, I will be less bleugh in some ways.

Also, as my little one knows where the local hospital is, when she is staying with my mum, she will 'know' where I am and so won't fret so much.

I don't know if I will be able to access macland from my phone, I will try 'enabling' things before I go in, so if you don't hear from me next week, I'm either in druggie coma and/or swearing at my phone :)

xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have a pretend ensuite room. Which means it's a kind of staggered L - shape with odd shaped maze like wall leading from the bed to the loo........

Oh!! These were PJs I bought fairly recently, so they don't have any holes or anything in yet :D

I wonder if they will let me take my laptop in??

Oh yes, having had each of my 3 children use the hospital facilities at least once (broken limbs, been in car crashes or trying to get out of a coma - no, social services haven't been round yet) and been there to visit various members of my family, I have a vague idea where the nice bits of the hospital are too, so I'll follow the directions from the delectable LM if I behave well enough to be allowed out :))

Love you all lots and I can use site from my phone now too so I'll try to get on and annoy you all during the week... ;)

xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Started replying long-ishly, hit a wrong button, fked it up and lost the lot. Will just send hugs instead, then.

*HUGS*

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Buggerations!

***Hugs*** to you too hun xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems

Sending you loads and loads of love and best wishes xxx

By the way .....you are an insperation, I know you have no choice, none of you do,but......your all bloody fantastic people.

Hope your stay in hospital goes in a flash so you can get back home to your kids and P lots of rest on your sofa wrapped up in your blanket. xxxx

(((((((((((((((((((EMS)))))))))))))))))))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Do take your laptop and do annoy us lots... and take the best care of yourself and sending you so much love and hugs. Hope the week goes quickly for you.

The food in there is awful beyond belief so get your mum to smuggle in some fresh stuff

Lots of love and  All the Hugs (cos they are regenerating,Hilary said)

Little My xxx