Now it's Plan C, actually!

2 minute read time.

Greetings.

Went in today with my 24 hour urine sample and to have bloods taken,a nd to find out what time the new regime would be starting next week. But, last night, my armpit on right hand side felt tender. I thought mayeb it was referred pain from swollen Lumpy, but thought I had better mention it anyway.

So then I had to be prodded and wait for a scan. A surprise bonus today!

Scan = nothing. Hoorah. The sister of the ward said during BEACOPP, one IV had to be given at 7pm and she lived locally, she would come back in to do that for me. How very lovely!!

Came back to work, started eating lunch; phone call - thought it may be the Doc from the Gwent with a biopsy appointment. Noo.

Sandra from my hospital: um, the radiologist assessed the drugs in BEACOPP and said they were very similar to ABVD, therefore, no point having BEACOPP. So.... I am Going In. BUT, not to Cardiff, they are going to do the treatment in Abergavenny. So, go onto ward tomorrow to sign all the paperwork, then get admitted Sunday afternoon/evening, get hooked up to chemo Monday morning, and then have a drip in all day every day Mon-Thurs, then on  Fri get fluids etc via IV, then go home Fri night if all is well, to collapse into my bed for a week or three. Then do same again in December; they will then test me after two of these delightful courses, and see what's what.

Soooooooooo... there we have it. After making some kind of strangled noises I kinda got round to thinking, actually, 5 days 'inside' is less complicated than going in on days 1,2,3,8 etc, and I won't have to try and smile feebly at my 7 year old each evening... I will obviously be fairly feeble when I come home after 5 days, but as I won't have to be taking anything at home, I will be less bleugh in some ways.

Also, as my little one knows where the local hospital is, when she is staying with my mum, she will 'know' where I am and so won't fret so much.

I don't know if I will be able to access macland from my phone, I will try 'enabling' things before I go in, so if you don't hear from me next week, I'm either in druggie coma and/or swearing at my phone :)

xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I wish they wouldn't mess you around so much - I'm sure you do too. I'm clinging to the belief that they know what they're doing and are working for the best result (and, again ... I'm sure so are you).

Five days in hospital, I found, actually goes very fast: I was more or less comatose for a lot of it, which helped. And it might even be less disruptive for your daughter, to have you gone for a several days solid rather than coming and going.

If we don't hear from you, at least we can console ourselves that we know where you are!

Good luck, of course. I hope it all WORKS and FIXES you.

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems,

It all seems a bit twisty turny from what you had been told before. But I think it looks like you will be better off because, as you say, being in the hospital for 5 days rather going to and fro must be better. Plus of course whilst you are in there you'll be kept an eye on all the time.

So I think I'm correct in saying this seems a good outcome for you in terms of treatment, and as ever I will be crossing everything (well except baggy cos that would be messy) for you.

I do hope you can still be in contact whilst in hospital, but at least we will know what is going on if you don't. I will imagine the swearing at the phone ;)

Tight Lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems,

What a palaver, but some good news really. Yes five days in hospital will go quickly, and I hope you will be able to smile a little more strongly for Deri when you come out.

My appendages are getting all tangled up what with being crossed fpr LM tomorrow and now having to stay crossed for the whole of next week.

Best welsh cwtches,

Colin xxx

• Hi I will be thinking of you and wishing you all good things I will cross everything it is possible to cross may have a bit of trouble finding my way around with eyes crossed but it's worth it I hope the days go quickly 

GOOD LUCK xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems,

You didn't mention what regime they are putting you on instead. Might it be DHAP?

Make the most of being looked after. You have done well not to have spent time in hospital earlier than this. The time will go quickly, and you can just concentrate on yourself, and just visualise the disease getting smaller and smaller. Take an ipod or MP3 with some music to listen to if you can...my kids bought me a cheap MP3 and my daughter loaded it with a mix of music to chill out to. Do I sound as if this is familiar???

Big hugs, and we'll all be thinking about you. Hugs to the girls and your mum too xxxxxxx