Nights off. Days out. Nearly D day

2 minute read time.

Well, R day went well, feels weird not to be having any more, though of course I won't complain ;) Another little milestone. Of course it would be wonderful if it was the last treatment EVER, but just the small matter of the transplant to do now. Should know dates next week.
Went to dentist for check up prior to SCT. Now, for me, this is a HUGE event as I am PHOBIC and not been for years! I need aa filling replaced and two roots out, but there is no active decay so I can wait until after the SCT otherwise recovery would be 3 weeks anc delay the SCT - if there was active decay then the SCT would have to wait but thankfully not!!

That night, Broni ended up bein gout at a sleepover too, so there were no kids in the house. I lit the fire, poured the wine, watched films, ate delicious pasta, and lounged on sofa........... oure, uninterrupted bliss!

Thursday, met the delightful LM for coffee and we had a long and fab chat which involved much laughter too :)) We also discussed how next time we saw each other properly, we would both be on road to recovery, as LM has an op and I have the SCT in the same month!
It was a most wonderful morning :))

Today has been a lazy day with Deri - although she was more active than me actually as she was out in garden on the swings, trampoline, toy horse etc! Ralh had lit a fire in their garden, so she made up an adventure about being called Lucy and rescuing the horse from the smoke of the fire :) She is always usin gher imagination, and most days is either being a pony, or a puppy, or a bear, etc ;)
Tomorrow we are meeting friends in the park and then back to theirs for lunch. I expect it will be a simple yet very nice lunch as J's hubby is a famous chef with a very nice restaurant haha!

All these normal activities feel surreal in one way, as in a week or two I will be sealed up in a room going through the SCT! Oh DO hurry up summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge hugs and love to everyone, whether waiting, going through, or recovering from, results and treatment. Proud to be sharing this journey with such amazing people as yourselves xxxxxx

Anonymous
  • Hi Ems So it is official LM is colour blind. Dentists strike terror into the heart of Cruton too thank goodness he did not have to attack you with a drill. The next time you and LM meet will be on the road to recovery what a wonderful thought I know there is a lot to go through before then and will be crossing all I can manage to cross and wishing you all good things. I will stand front back side or on my head if it helps whatever your rear choses to do Big hugs Cruton xxxxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ems, you are allowed to use whatever words you need to get through this, but never forget that one important four letter word CURE.

Never forget we're all round you to hold you up in those darkest moments and waiting to hear from you when you feel able.

I'm glad the scarf was green, fuchsia doesn't  fit my image of a hippy welsh witch stirring a certain cauldron.

I fell out with my dentist 50 years ago after he described in gory detail what he intended to do next time and I haven't seen him since.

When you, LM and Tim are cured and back to normal, we must arrange a celebration.

Grandpa's best welsh cwtches to you,

Odin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just popped in to say good luck too XX     my rear end didn.t react to chemo but my family will tell you I am now officially Englands best belcher,just need to look at food and out it comes,so would not be allowed to eat with posh people and certainly not a chef.    You are so lucky knowing people like that.   My favorite cake is victoria sponge filled with custard but am not fussy so if you can't manage yours at any time I am prepared to help out       Culottes

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there lovely Ems

I have everything crossed for you (including my eyes which may I add is not a good look).

Enjoy the 'famous chef's' lunch and hears to kids who use their imaginations.  Not many do these days - too busy on the Nintendo DS!!!!!

Huge squidgy hugs and much love,

Nin xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm glad you have some lovely things lined up, and are having time to yourself, and time with your family, and all the things that make life worth living - well, other than the dentist, and even then, you'd rather have nice, unhurty teeth, I'm sure. The treatment's going to be horrid and scary, and there's really no point pretending it won't be - although we can hope it won't be as bad as it sounds - but you've done horrid and scary before and have sailed through, so I'm sure you will again. Besides, mean old cancer is horridest and scariest of all.

Jenny has just appeared on my keyboard. She wants a fussle, or possibly unimpeded access to my typing chair.

I'm not sure if I'm envious of you or not. I would be far less able to cope with the treatment, being a big old wuss - but how lovely to think in terms of a cure!

I think I shall send you a fuchsia scarf. If you don't have one, you should.

One-handed hugs, as Jenny has now appropriated my left arm.

xxxx