Hickman, you're on your way out!

2 minute read time.

Hello my lovelies!

Wednesdays seem to roll round quite quickly.

I took a while to wake up properly this morning, on a Go Slow mode... Deri asked if I was ok today because I was talking slowly... bless her! So on the ball. Makes me proud of her but sad that she has to have that little niggle to deal with. I told her I was just a bit slow this morning! She's excited too because her new friend from her new school is coming for tea! ;-)

Anyway, it was tubes flushed AND bloods and dressing change today, so off I trooped. Had a chat with Sandra about kids crashing their cars, chatted with a lady who can't find a good aromatherapist, I said I used to do that but for obvious reasons don't do it right now - she said could she call me in a few months and see if I was doing it again? Hmm, this could be interesting :)) Also bumped into a lady who was waiting to have her spleen out the same week I was due to go in for transplant - she was on a bed having chemo - she said it was her first session as when they took the spleen out they found out she had NHL - oh I said, "oh same as me... you'll do just fine. Well, I am sure she will, but felt sorry for her when thinking of possible bone marrow tests and maybe the SCT... I was wearing my scarf I got from the wig shop, she liked it and we chatted about wigs and cutting hair shorter and getting funky with hats and scarves... I never wore anything like that before, apart from a sunhat occasionally, so I have learned a new skill - tying scarves in comfortable and acceptable ways hahaha!

Good news, my bloods were all very good, and a referral has gone in to get the Hickman line out - whhoohooo!!! Can't wait for that :))))

Popped in to see frined on way home and ended up having lunch there which was fab, then had an email from a certain friend abroad who says there are 2 trollbeads winging their way over?! I am rather spoilt methinks!

I feel very positive and as though everything is working, but there's tests and scans and checkups to come and that's a bit of a drag as I want to say goodbye to it all now! But then that's a bit impatient and you have to be more cunning than that when dealing with stoopid cancer :D

So hugs to you all, and hoorah for first day without rain for weeks here in Welsh Wales
 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems,

Are you wearing Culotte's sweatshirt "I'm kicking cancer's a**e"? if not, you should be, you're certainly giving it a belting. You sound so upbeat, and so what if you have a slow day, join the club!

Deri's keeping a beady eye on you, nothing escapes her does it? Your family must be such a lovely lot, and now Mum's back at the hub everything is coming together like it should. Never mind tests & scans, they come and go and we get over these irritating hurdles - the point is, the line on your graph is going steadily UP, yay!

So take care, festina lente* as they said when I did Latin (50+ years ago!), and carry on as you are, it's looking good!

Hove & ligs,

xxx  

* make haste slowly !

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yay for positive news! I'm glad things are going so well for you. They had better keep on doing so, or some of us will have to Have Words.

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi John! haha, am I a veteran now then, having had most procedures to do with NHL ? ;-)The kids have been troppers and I am very proud of them all. I'm not actually allowed in tubs pools or spas until after Aug/Sept, but I am having a weekend spa break with a bunch of girl friends in the autumn :)) Until then, I will make do with very deep baths ;) Thanks John, hope you're doing ok too xx

'Ello Cruton - reclaiming my life is right, this stoopid bastard cancer can jolly well sod off ;-) It makes me happy and much calmer to know you are holdin gmy hand too :))) xx

Roobybooby! How's you? I think we're all doing amazingly well, considering, haha! Its good to have a bunch of inspiring loons like you lot :))) xx

Hey Tim, that was a fabulous hug! :)) I think it's good to express positivity and sprinkle some around the place -  someone was moaning about the rain today and I nearly said, 'but we're alive!!' hahaha! Although the rain IS incessant, I have to say. Is it better or worse fishing in the rain?? ((((((((cwtchs)))))))

Hello Joyce :)) My kids are chuffed to have me around, even though I am still an embarrassing mother, but then that's par for the course isn't it? ;-) And it's them that has kept me going in the tougher moments :)) xx

Noswaith da Odin :)) I am glad it was cheery for you too! If my kids turn out like me they'll have an adventure hahahaha! It would be funny if we get on tv, puffing and panting around the park ;-) It's good to see you back from your travels too. Big welsh cwtchs to you too xx

helloo Annie! I AM feeling upbeat, which can only help! It's so good to be back in the midst of things, and I am not going full pelt at anything, just slowly building up what I can do so things return to normal :)) Thanks for your hove and ligs, they're always good for keeping me cheery :)) xx

Greetings Hils :)) Yes, we do like a spot of positivity ;-) And I think YOUR harsh words would definitely make sure everything behaves! :))) xx

Love and HUGS to you all, you're fab xxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ems,

It is worse fishing in the rain because.........I get wet!

Tight lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Tim,

I've heard of people being one with nature, but being one with the fishes doesn't sound to good

Odin xxx