Deeeeeeeeeeeeep, man

1 minute read time.

Hello my lovelies! Congrats to Colin for completing his Run, and love and hugs to everyone here!

So, Monday was Stitches Off Day. Hoorah! Felt REALLY weird saying goodbye to the nurses coz it will be September when I go back!

Tuesday - Em M took me off to the Heath for my post-transplant chat. They took millions of tubes of blood and asked me how I felt and could I rate myself on their %age chart of activity. I am over 80% which is apparently Very Good for 3 months post-transplant. 70% would have meant I needed help getting dressed or something.......what the heck would 40% have meant?!

Anyway, it's been nearly a week but it's still AMAZING to get into a proper, deep bath, and be able to do something as simple as lie down in it! I can wash messily, splash water around, let the flannel drip down my front... no guarding of the tubes, no careful dabbing and wiping of my body anymore! I can just wallow and splash and wiggle and soak to my heart's content! And it feels FABULOUS!!

...all those little things we take for granted every day, from being able to wash, to being able to see your kids, to being able to relax a little, to being able to think ahead *fully* ... we all need to appreciate all the good stuff we have, and not put up with any bad stuff!

Talking of which... Jo came over Friday night and I got completely trolleyed :)) We had a hoot!! I do love my friends LOTS ;)

The lovely Hils mentioned earlier about the joy of many  visitors, and how the lack of them was quite sad, as if having friends over kept cancer away .... and actually, her words do ring true on some levels... after all, friends = positivity, and being positive is good for our health, and thinking in a positive way does have some good kicking-cancer-up-the-arse qualities ... ;)

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Your splish spashing about and getting to enjoy a nice normal bath made me smile. The little things in life are what makes it so fantastic at times i think. Until your life changes so drastically with things like cancer, you dont realise how much you miss these little normal things. So happy things are going well for you! hugs xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done Ems!

Your story has been amazing and an inspiration to the rest of us. By now cancer is probably licking its wounds and deciding there must be an easier way to earn a living.

Good luck with the garden; I wouldn't wish my garden on anyone so I'm lumbered with it and my camelia has stopped flowering so no excuses.

Also good luck with the race for life in a fortnight; I've done my stint, but I might come and cheer you on - if I can get up in time. xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I wonderfully positive blog. Major ill health of any kind sure makes you appreciate the simple pleasures of life and it's all so wonderful.

Happy living and well done on kicking cancer up it's arse and long, long may we continue.

Oh and happy splashing!!!! tee heee

Take care

Jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done Ems ! Sounds like you are on the up and up now ....... apart from the deep baths, that is ! Yes, it's amazing how we take things for granted until something stops us ( I also revelled in a lovely bath and most of all being able to wash my hair again after the wounds healed )

Glad that you enjoyed your friend's visit, too ........ here's to staying positive !

Love and hugs, Joycee xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ems you never fail to make me smile cause I know you were smiling while you wrote your blog and that makes me smile.

Good luck for the race xxxx

Roobs xxxx