day minus 6

1 minute read time.

WHY do they insist on bringing you fresh water at 6am, closely followed by doing your obs???? 6AM!!!

Then a call at 9.30 am from my mum...Deri missed her school trip today, as she threw up last night... :( I spoke to her, and just wanted to cwtch her up with a blankey, but can't ... WANKYPISSFLAPBUCKETS!

Anyway... lots more fluids, 2 hours of chemo, more fluids. Dunno what was in the chemo but when it began I had a funny taste in the back of my throat, kinda metallic... only lasted a few moments though.

I am weeing and pooing for Wales today!!! I lost count how many times my reading/napping was interrupted by visits to the loo! Feel a bit nauseous this evening but nothing too bad.

My skin feels very smooth in places, in others it is very dry. Maybe it's trying to be a type of wine ......

And very very sexily, they have put on my legs, a pair of DVT socks!!!! Mmmmmmmm, bald, nauseous white DVT stockinged lady, lovely hahahahaa!!

As I came back from the loo a nurse asked if she could just shut me in my room for a mo while they did something.....mysterious...... I glimpsed a bed ebing wheeled down the corridor - I think it's one of the post-transplant folk being moved about - once I get my cells my door will be closed at all times - apart from nurses coming in - too. They are, excuse the phrase, shit hot on their germ control stuff!! And this is good.

Apparently I am quite unique in that most folk on this ward have donor transplants. Well dear, didn't want to be too common.. hahahaha!

Had a visit from aunty Chrissy (mums sister), with a book and a card. Had a pressie delivered from some crazy cat lover too - naughty, but much appreciated!

And another lovely chat with my girls :)))

Hugs and Love to you all, coz your TREMENDOUS support is helping ENORMOUSLY.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi lovely I have got matching dvt stockings on too! We must be twins haha I read on the packet that they have ones that come up to your waist!!!! Gorgeous! Hope you are not too achy about Deri and fluids out = fluids in and you don't feel too sick. Wish we were jn the same ward . You are doing pissflappingly well and I am wankbucketly proud of you ! Haha my phone now has bothod those words in its spellcheck! You corrupted my phone. You deserve my telly for that. Tonight it is showing the history of the graphite pencil and doodling for beginners. Still shit. Love you ! Little my xxxxxxxxxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Ems,

Just wanted to wish you all the best for your treatment and hope the time passes a bit more quickly for you. It's a shame your Deri missed her school trip, it must be hard for you not being there for her but your Mum will make sure that she has plenty of Grandma kisses and cuddles. Try not to worry too much, concentrate on getting better and going home again, take care.

Love and hugs, Joycee xxx