Bank Holiday... well, what can you say about it??

2 minute read time.

Well, it's mostly raining so it MUST be a bank holiday ;) What are you lovely lot up to? Hopefully, chilling out :))

Looking forward to a few things this week ... coffee at Lynne's Wed morning before I have tubes flushed (haha not for long!!) and then coffee and catch up with LM on Wednesday after we have both had our appointments... haven't seen each other since before we both went in for ops and transplants so we can have a more relaxed coffee and not pretend we're not scared haha :)) Thursday my favourite midwife is taking me to lunch!! How spoiled am I?

I was moaning about how long it will take to get check up etc and suddenly we're already 1 week into May which means it's only 6 weeks til I go to the Heath again?! I'll try to remember this week when I'm down the Windsor suite being flushed, to ask if I'll be having scans etc or if they can just tell from bloods, which seems unlikely to me but then who knows! Saying SHUSH to the What-If's because I can't be worrying about nonsense like that for the next 6/7 weeks!

My legs are now normal, apart from the mottled skin, but at least I don't look like some frantic skin-shedding freak any more ;-) I'm putting cream on my hands and face as they are stil a bit dry. My energy levels are still low but much better and I can pootle around more now. Looking forward to doing stuff in the summer now, when I'll be even more 'myself' ;)

I have a house full of my free range teens and their boyfriends today! Deri is lurking with Broni and hers coz they are watching Harry Potter and I am in my room with my feet up on the sofa :)) Megz wants to go clothes shopping and Ben doesn't and they don't know what else to do so they've ended up cleaning and clearing her room hahaha! If only it wasn't raining, I'd have them mowing the VERY overgrown lawn ;)

My mother had some tests and it seems it is not angina which is good, but her lungs aren't functioning properly so probably get more pills! Bryan's hip hurts lots so we need to get him to the GP coz he's beinga 'bloke' and won't go; Aunti Phyl (Bry's last living relative at 93 yrs old) is deteriorating and so they're going to check on her, in Devon, tomorrow..she won't go into hospital in case she doesn't come back out bless her. So sending all of them healing hugs and blesings too!

The donations for the Race for Life keep increasing! HUGE thank you's to everyone for being so generous... I am looking forward to it very much!!

Broni went on a school trip yesterday... a behind the scenes tour of the Harry Potter studios! 100's of fab photos, she loved it and occasionally squealed with delight apparently! They drank butterbeer too. Well worth going to!

I think a nap might be in order, although it'll be light coz Deri is lurking!

Love and cwtchs to all xxxxxx

Anonymous
  • Hi Ems well the bank holiday weather has run true to form wet and windy.So much going on and things to look forward to.Not the flushing that sounds urgh and eeeek and it sounds as if your getting stronger each day.I live the description if Deri pretending to be a dragon with her swooshing tail.Hugs to all relatives who are not very well at the moment and hope they are all feeling better soon especially your elderly aunt I think many of her generation fear if they go into hospital they won't come out.Im sure you and LM will have a great time when you meet up where has that two months gone?I used to love to watch Wilo the Whisp with my daughters and I still have a few of the little books from the series.I loved Bagpuss and the mice on the mouse organ.The very very best of luck to both you and LM with all the up and coming checks,special hugs to Hilary and extra special hugs to Judy and hoping she soon feels better.As for you and LM behaving yourselves mmmmm any way misbehaving can be much more fun Love and hugs to all Cruton xxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems,

What a vile B/Hol. Monday! But I'm glad you're sounding so chipper, even to the extent of ferrying free-range boyfriend to the station. And how lovely to come home with the thought of a roaring log fire, sounds blissful and so comforting.

You social calendar is a lot more interesting than mine, all I've got inked in is the hairdresser tomorrow, whoopee (not, I hate it!) but you're going to drink coffee & giggle with your old mate LM and that will make the flush & stuff fade to insignificance. Your favourite midwife sounds great fun, will she be doing the Race for Life with you?

Sorry to hear your Mum & Bryan are both under the weather, I hope things improve for them both and for Auntie Phyl. 

I had a lovely nap this afternoon, uninterrupted by anyone wilting! Deri has such an imagination, she sounds a lovely child & you must be so proud of all your girls. Single parents rule, ok? ( I was one, too).

Take care of of yourself, sweetie,

Much hive & many logs (!)

xxx 

• Well we have had sunshine most of the weekend, though we did get some snow when I went to see my sister on Saturday and Monday was fine till about 4 when it was raining but only for an hour.

Harry Potter visit sounds fun and Hiliary I am sure they will do little adult visits so that we don't miss out, could do with some of their magic as I have spent all weekend at hospital visiting ITU as my nephew is on a life support machine, so we could do with another BH so that we can just relax.

Ems I would expect you should get a pet scan if you have had them before as they normally do that to finally confirm you are in remission, bloods can give an indication so go prepared with the questions so that you remain in control.

Looks like summer is on hold so that may be a good sign that we will have one this year.

so heres hoping that all our ill relatives get well soon and we can all relax

best wishes   john

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello John ... I am so sorry to hear about your nephew, I hope whatever happened to him, he recovers very soon and you and your family can breathe a sigh of relief very soon (((HUGS)))

Yes I was thinking I should get a PET or CT scan, not been any mention of one yet but I'm sure they'll spring that on me soon enough :)

Lots of love and blessings to you and your family xx