4th YAWN day was thus spent...

Less than one minute read time.
Yes, you guessed, 4th day was mostly spent yawning or sleeping! Good job they give you these big beds with moveable parts to lie on eh? :-) All blood and urine tests are happy ones apparently which is good. Finally had the Dissappointing Meal last night - yuk!! Pasta Bolognese - how can you mess that up?? Ah well. I had pineapple slices and choklit to make up for it! A lovely visit from my gorgeous Deri! And now am waiting for breakkie and 11am when last drip is disconnected and they get me my take-home meds and sign me out!! Eeeeek! Heh heh xxxxxxx
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

GREEN Korma????? What the ........

This is why I always make my curries from scratch. Nothing better than roasting your own spices! Only curries that should be green are those with spinach, and Thai Green curries!!!

Well, hope Ems is in her little cosy room now, getting hugs and being generally spoilt.

Hubby just popped his head round the door to say the "Dr Mac song" was on the radio......Coldplay "I will fix you"...always reminds him of my consultant, and how he persisted in getting me better, and the times he dashed in to see me if I'd had to be admitted, a couple of times when he was off duty!

Had a lovely day at a Spa with daughter yesterday.....I will blog eventually....but I was talking about you wonderful people, and even let hubby peek into Macworld (Now that he has come out of his cave!). Last night I was telling them about you Ems, and how you were getting on. They are also very happy for you and they realise how much we help each other.

Ems, you could try singing out Bonnie Tyler song "Holding out for a hero".

Could rewrite "When will I, will I be famous?" As you leave hospital you should sing "The drugs don't work, they just make me worse...." Used to be on Heart FM in hospital when I was having my chemo, along with Leona Lewis singing "Keep Bleeding" HUH! Not funny when your line isn't working!

Anyway, BIG SQUEEZES.....have a lovely weekend, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    'Ello Lou! Mmmmmm your curries sound "lush" as my teens would say! Well as they were finishing the flushing and changing the dressing for my Boob Tube, I decided, on some other level of consciousness, to go all pale and wobbly and have to lie down with the window open and the fan turned on! Only lasted 5 minutes but certainly made for an interesting end to my stay! Stepdad turned up at 2 to pick me up and the nurses called a porter to wheel me to the car! I say, haha! Anyway home and all cosy and a VERY excited Seren dog and dinner coming up :-)) Big huge squeezy cwtchs to you All!! Xxxxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Bonnie Tyler,

I remember " I was lost in France, and I only had one pair of pants", at least that what the lyrics sounded like to me on my crystal radio.

Oh gosh the food in my hospital really was awful, and I can put up with a lot things put on my plate but many dishes were unidentifiable by look and taste. Hope the next visit is a short one.

When you're finished with the salt Ems can you pass it to me please. Hope you're home now and can have a lovely weekend.

Tight Lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'd like to register a vote for the vegetarian options in the Churchill. I think you'd have to go a long way to beat cauliflower cheese for lunch and macaroni cheese for dinner.

Ems - boo to woozy feelings, and I hope you're better now. I get wobbly a lot, and it really hacks me off.

Yay! for HOME though.

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Grate to be home Ems

A bit late for a song as you are home now I love pink floud’s Home Home agene. One thing that all way makes me smile is people on chemo saying food taste bad. For me chemo stops me tasting anything (it may not have been so bad with hospital food). I do not sing much so to get the kids to sleep (a long time back). I wound sing rugby song. Had to stop when they sung them at play school. (oo happy days) I will let you get on with hugs, dog, and home life.

Good luck from Andy