Living Life Redefined

• Possible Late Effects of RCHOP

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've been absent from the site for a while but always feel like I have a home here.  As with many others, "No news is good news", right?  That's the case more than not; so, I'm no different in that regard I suppose.  Things, since I last "blogged" an update of sorts about my husband's Non-Hodgkin's Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (late Stage III/Stage IV) remission have been good.  We…

• Whewww . . . That was a relief!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Couldn't believe it.  We were hoping, but never really expected Terry's Deauville score would be that coveted, magic "1".  But, as usual, as only my Terry can . . . he amazed all of us with that complete remission we were all praying for.  Of course, that means we now have a chance for that "cure" that we were hoping for in a few years.  The oncologist said she likes to watchfully waiting for 5…

• Tomorrow's PET Scan

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Waiting for information is always hard and, for me, writing and talking about my fears and worries is therapeutic; but blogging about the things we've experienced also serves as a diary of sorts.  Everything is documented and there to help me recollect things I need to, in caring for my husband.  But, I also think it may help others who are facing similar experiences.  

Last Friday, my Terry came home with some of the…

• Trying to be patient for our last PET scan next week

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Final PET scheduled for next Thursday.  Consult with Oncology next Friday

After Terry's 6th and final RCHOP treatment, we had a little rough time of it, as the fatigue was the worst.  The day after his last treatment (3 weeks ago today), he immediately started to "drag".  It was the worst recovery time he suffered through these past 5 months of chemo.  Never really had much appetite or nausea through it all;…

• Can't stand football!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My Terry is occupying himself, watching his beloved Packer football on TV this afternoon.  It's 2:30 p.m., here.  Because I despise football, I am here in front of my computer pounding my keyboard.  I had a few thoughts I'd like to share if you're interested.  

The word "normal" came up a couple of times this weekend in a few comments, which triggered a few thoughts I have on the topic.  

"Normal".…