Living Life Redefined

• The Other Moment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This is the other moment I mentioned.

• We did it!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Whewww!!!!  It's over.  #6 done and done.  YAY!

Today's last hit went well.  Thought I'd just jot this down before turning in for the evening.  Terry's feeling pretty good . . . lots of steroid sluggishness tonight, which he said he didn't really notice so quickly after treatment before.  But he's so relieved to be done with chemo.  The doctor was extremely happy with the labs.  Anemia much improved,…

• Prednisone high and a couple of other thoughts

FormerMember
    FormerMember

So I'm sure those of you who are all too unwillingly familiar with the world of R-CHOP and its many side effects there is one that I have found (at times) quite amusing with my Terry and his prednisone + the other steroids they have pumped into him throughout his treatment.  Yesterday, as posted yesterday, was his 6th and final chemo treatment.  This morning, as with his other cycles, was the "morning after" experience…

• Me Again

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry . . . but blogging like this helps me cope.

Today's topic is:  How important it is to stay on schedule with the anti-nausea meds right after chemo day.

Yesterday my poor Terry seemed to have a bout with what they call "chemo brain".  Seemed like he was having trouble finding words and staying focused, yesterday being the day after hit #6.  He's had a couple of times when he struggled for a day or two…

• Can't stand football!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My Terry is occupying himself, watching his beloved Packer football on TV this afternoon.  It's 2:30 p.m., here.  Because I despise football, I am here in front of my computer pounding my keyboard.  I had a few thoughts I'd like to share if you're interested.  

The word "normal" came up a couple of times this weekend in a few comments, which triggered a few thoughts I have on the topic.  

"Normal".…