Update Sept 14th

1 minute read time.

Ist cycle of chemo begun!

After a terrible weekend i got GP out on monday who upped Eds pain patches again and I asked if chemo was going to be worth the trauma of going  for it. He said without chemo Ed has only weeks left and it is up to Ed and the chemo unit to make that decision. Got there Tues with the help of a son and instead of chemo they gave Ed 2 units of blood. He was exhausted and hated the noise of the unit, music, chatter, machines bleeping but stayed put! Went back today, even busier and had to wait nearly 2 hours to be seen, short staffed. Explained he had had enough and wanted to go home but they gave us a liitle room with a bed, no music! and we stayed. Also he can have that room each time now, phew! he has so much pain relief that he is confused and I pray the chemo helps so we can reduce the drugs and i can have my husband back. He cant hold a conversation at the moment.

It is for these reasons, pain versus normality that i now view cancer with 2 minds. The first where determination, stubborness, positivity are so important to get the treatment and carry on living life to the full as much as possible but a second where it is time to accept living with cancer is not quality living and suffering is too big a price to pay. It is time to say goodbye. I fear i have fought for this latest chemo not thinking that even if Ed picks up a bit he is going to have to relive the last few weeks all over again. That I have been selfish wanting him to stay with me when we have already had 3 extra years and it is time to say enough is enough. I cant turn back the clock but I am thinking " what have I done?" Only seeing what happens now will answer that.....

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

love and hope to you all, xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello my dear Leisha

I feel for you so very, very much.  Never, ever think that you are being selfish.  Ed's love for you is so much tied to your great love for him.  It is that love which will have in a great part given him the determination to keep going.  

Lots of love to you, and to Ed, and huge hugs for you both.

Grace.  xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Leisha.

Just wanted to say my thoughts are with you both.

Love

Pitstop.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Leisha, I have just read your latest blog and my heart aches for what you are both going through. You have been so strong and Ed knows how much you love him.

Don't be hard on yourself, just be with Ed and see what each day brings.

Thinking of you both,

Love and hugs,

lizzie xx