The weekend umph!

2 minute read time.

Well as usual I am sitting here with my first bucket of tea for the day checking out this web site and am glad this weekend is over. It started out in the garden catching up on jobs that needed doing. Down the bottom of my garden I have an avairy and behind that was a tall hedge of conifers that needed to be cut down by several feet, so Kev, my son Karl,Benneath his girlfriend and I started working on that. This caused alot of swearing because of a large bramble that had entwined itself in the firs and most of the swearing was done by  Kezzer the Chickenbird, who is my African grey Parrot who causes havoc in the avairy! Then it was triming other plants that have gone haywire, then giving the wall a fresh lick of paint followed by sorting the greenhouse out. That was ok. The evening came and has usual Kev started drinking beer and it went downhill from there. I went to bed early in a really bad mood,

In the morning I was woken by Summit (my crazy dog, now 4 months old) standing there cross eyed wanting to go out for a pee, so up I got  to let her out. On goes the kettle and out comes the large green bucket for my tea and I am still in a bad mood. Kev comes down a few hours later looking like s**t. He looked like I did when my cancer was doing the most damage. I took one look at him and told him I had something to say and I wasn't going to repeat it again.

I said that I would not tolerate his drinking anymore, he was having a relationship with beer instead of me and I hadn't fought like a crazy woman to come second to drink. I said he can have a couple of beers at the weekend, that is fine but I wasn't prepared to be in a loveless relationship anymore, we went through hell and back again and we should be closer not growing apart, the cancer did enough damage. End of conversation on my part.

Back in the garden I went to chill out and work. Did housework, took Summit for a long walk and many other things, came in and checked my e-mails only to find out another friend is loosing her battle and that finished me off for the weekend. Thank god it's Monday. Sorry just needed a moan......love Carol x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry to hear about your partners behaviour,he needs his ass kicked and you sound like your doing that at the moment,such a shame at a time like this you have to do that.I hope things improve for you both but if they dont do something about it,you only have one life

Leigh xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Monday's were invented for a good moan!

A xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks guys............I would be lost without you lot. I am now going to dig up the kettle, feed the garden and switch the dog on!!!!!! x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

was there a full moon or something this weekend?

ive been feeling down (no you dont say!!!) for a while now ...... and this last few weeks my sleeping patterns gone to pot ...i really try to go to bed early!

mr N been giving me looksas if to say go to bed early etcetc well last night i was chattin on fb to a friend (shes lost her mum) we had a reet nice chat off i toddle to bed ...mr N been in bed 1/2 hour

well im laying there and the tears start .....shit ...havent cried like that in ages i really try to stuff my head into the duvet

well mr N jumps up "whats up" ..puts light on ..i croak "im sad" .... he gets outta bed sayin "is it something someones said on that fb site thing!"

not very compasionate at all ...."NO". then he goes to the loo gets back in bed n goes to sleep

no bloody hug /kiss nor nowt

shit! i feel like crying again!

im joining you hun ...off to put kettle back on !

nice cuppa tea ......CHEERS !

its monday ....new week ..bring it on!

xNx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

How is it a cuppa solves everything?? .. but it does :o)  It sounds to me like you are feeling much better because you are beginning to tackle tings that have maybe needed sorting before now ! I think our carers can (and do) suffer from something called 'compasion fatigue' - where they have simply had enough of our aches and pains etc - I know my daughters do not want to hear any moans from me these days !! Anyway I hope things get sorted - I do believe you are the woman to sort out ANYTHING with your steely determination - GO KEZZER !

Sending medium height hugs, Love Jools xxxx