The weekend umph!

2 minute read time.

Well as usual I am sitting here with my first bucket of tea for the day checking out this web site and am glad this weekend is over. It started out in the garden catching up on jobs that needed doing. Down the bottom of my garden I have an avairy and behind that was a tall hedge of conifers that needed to be cut down by several feet, so Kev, my son Karl,Benneath his girlfriend and I started working on that. This caused alot of swearing because of a large bramble that had entwined itself in the firs and most of the swearing was done by  Kezzer the Chickenbird, who is my African grey Parrot who causes havoc in the avairy! Then it was triming other plants that have gone haywire, then giving the wall a fresh lick of paint followed by sorting the greenhouse out. That was ok. The evening came and has usual Kev started drinking beer and it went downhill from there. I went to bed early in a really bad mood,

In the morning I was woken by Summit (my crazy dog, now 4 months old) standing there cross eyed wanting to go out for a pee, so up I got  to let her out. On goes the kettle and out comes the large green bucket for my tea and I am still in a bad mood. Kev comes down a few hours later looking like s**t. He looked like I did when my cancer was doing the most damage. I took one look at him and told him I had something to say and I wasn't going to repeat it again.

I said that I would not tolerate his drinking anymore, he was having a relationship with beer instead of me and I hadn't fought like a crazy woman to come second to drink. I said he can have a couple of beers at the weekend, that is fine but I wasn't prepared to be in a loveless relationship anymore, we went through hell and back again and we should be closer not growing apart, the cancer did enough damage. End of conversation on my part.

Back in the garden I went to chill out and work. Did housework, took Summit for a long walk and many other things, came in and checked my e-mails only to find out another friend is loosing her battle and that finished me off for the weekend. Thank god it's Monday. Sorry just needed a moan......love Carol x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Moan away Carol........seems you had good reason too.

Bet you are glad the garden is looking so good in preparation for winter and hopefully your convo with Kev will have made a difference.

Big hugs to you (although probably just about reaching your kneecaps LOL)

Debs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'd be moaning as well Carol. If this cancer does anything, it makes you look at life and gives you an almighty kick up the backside. Life is too short to be drowning yourself in drink. Fingers crossed your little talk has the desired effect.

Hope today is a much better day.

Angela xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ah Debs...........you can hug my kneecaps anytime my lovely x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry to hear you're going thru it, your blogs and posts have helped me keep smiling,(your pal must have comfort having you as a friend))You off load all you want Carol im havin a brew with you. Gues s you know your old fella best and heres hoping he realises what a star he has and manages to fight his own demons in a way that helps the whole family,including himself.(personally I felt like giving him a slap ont back of 'ed) Go and do something really nice for yourself  and know that while these hand holdings hugs and words are virtual, they're as real and genuine as 'in the flesh ' Pour me another while you're at it chuck, love and blessings Karen xox

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Gardening? What's that? I have jungle in the back (eco friendly they call ot) and stone chips in the front which have been laid on a weed proof membrane. The weeds absolutely love it. They grow far better than when it was just dirt. Sorry to hear about your altercation but maybe in one way it will help to move things forward one way or another. What you have been through is an incredible journey and the problem is people get left behind. We had it when my mother had breast cancer and my father became so self-centred - albeit with my mother's care - that my brother and I both struggled to right for doing wrong. Pick yourdelf up, dust yourself off and just get on with life, babe.

Keep smiling

Love

Drew

X