Kezzerbird..........give me strength!!!!!!!

1 minute read time.

I saw my consultants understudy and the cancer nurse, not happy, this girlie checked me out, I had to make it clear what was going on with me and this new lump....off she went, then my Onc appeared 'Oh your hair is growing back well' says he. I haven't bloody lost it yet, says I, 'Well you should have with Cisplatin and Estopeside' says he. followed by, you need to have a scan and we need it done today so we can see what is going on. Had he even examined me NO, had he asked me what was going on NO, did I get my scan YES, did I get the results SORT OF.

The scan wasn't read by the person who is qualified to read it, the onc and his side kick read it, he was pleased OH GOOD. His says the tumours have shrunk in my stomach and this lump had been there all along and it had grown DOH! Then I was asked what treatment I'd had. Now this came from the man who has been my onc from the word go (March 2008) and he is asking me what treatment I have had, he hadn't got a clue, he didn't know why I had to go on a break for 2 weeks either and yet when I told him that was what he wanted I got 'oh was it' So now I have having 3 of the same chemos which= 1 cycle, that is one a week and that should be treatment done (YEAH RIGHT!) I shall wait to see how long it takes to read the scan and I want to see the last 2 to compare them for myself. So much more happend but I am both physically and mentally worn out and need to go to bed, I have chemo a 8.20 and will finish by 6,30. I really am being treated like an idiot and I am far from stupid. I was also told that my stomach is full and I look constipated! I am s**ting for England, I know when I am constipated. I will not let this rest and they should know that I won't. Love and hugs to those who what them....Carol x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Its awful when you can't trust the very people who are supposed to be the experts. i am so angry on your behalf. I stopped respecting people with 'titles' long ago - they have to earn our respect. Good luck with todays chemo, sending you lots of hugs

Clare x

• I don't know what to say except I wish you strength to deal with all of this garbage.

Best wishes,

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Surprise, surprise, no one seems to know what they are doing at your hospital, bloody hell!!!!!!!!!! This is all so wrong, I know you have got the strength to deal with this and remember if you need any extra muscle, even if it does feel like 100 and puking at the moment, Ill be in your corner for you.

Ding, ding round two!

Love to you and a gentle hug Alex x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's so bloody unbelievable how often this seems to happen. I wonder if the doctors actually read any notes before seeing the next patient or is it just a guessing game for them?

I remember going to see my GP with pain in my shoulder on the same side I had surgery for breast cancer.  He asked me raise my arm and when I did he asked me why I could only raise it so high. I explained to him I'd had breast cancer (which he should have known) and that I'd had an axillary clearance and had been left with restricted movement although I had done all the exercises prescribed afterwards. He then asked me to raise my arm again and said AGAIN why can't you raise it higher than that? Had I been wasting my breath or what!!!!!

Carol, I hope you get this sorted soon. You are such a fighter and deserve better than this.

I hope your weekend is as good as it can be.

Keep your chin up.

Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol

I have been following your blogs for months and have been getting increasingly annoyed on your behalf.   I wish I could just get in there and help you sort the sods out.  It is so vital that you (and all of us here) can have people caring for us who we can trust.  We are not talking about sprained ankles here!  

Hang on in there - as I know you will, and give them hell!  But how exhausting for you ... I am very much with you in spirit.

xxx