KateG's blog

• Nettles in my knickers!

Look away now if you do not wish to delve in to the female 'nether regions' or read anatomical descriptions! Okay, for those of you who can take it, I will tell you my tale. A year ago I was prescribed Letrozole (brand name - Femara) for breast cancer. It did its job, shrank the tumour so much that the surgery I subsequently underwent was far less radical than had been originally planned.But.... what this drug does is…
  • "The Twiglet Zone"

I have been away for a week and when I returned the site had changed! Some, much wittier person than I, had previously remarked when the chat room changed that they had found themselves in the "Twiglet Zone". So... I shamelessly 'borrowed' this fabulous tag. It is amazing how much one can miss in a week out of the "What Now?" loop. I have been catching up on various forums and blogs and come across yet another 'Impostor…
  • Prevention of insect bites after lymph node removal

GOOD NEWS - There is an alternative to normal spray or wipe on insect repellents. I had 18 out of 20 lymph nodes removed from under my arm after breast cancer surgery and the medics were/are emphasizing the need for extra care needed for my skin in the upper left quadrant of my body because of the risk of infection. I have been especially careful about avoiding insect bites because midges, especially, by-pass several…