NOT THE BEST NEWS.

Less than one minute read time.

Well just to update you, mum was due her liver resection operation this morning.  They done a laperscopy first and decided it was not possible to operate. Tumour is to close to an artery. I suppose Chemo will now be next.  The fight now begins.  I think after the initial shock of hearing surgery wouldn't be done the family now just feel numb. Dont really know what else to say, I think for the first time in my life words are just not enough......

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julie,

Thinking of you your Mum and Family. Hope all goes well. All the best and good luck.Look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big HUgs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi julie,

Sorry to read your news, know you and your Mum will of built yourself up for surgery, even that takes some doing, now to be told thats not an option is scary and hurts. Plunges you back in the dark place waiting for solutions.

Ok mine is not related to liver, Prostate and not too aggressive, but know the feeling - but went to the next stage, we will open You up, do some biopsies. Had  some lymph glands removed but prostate not removed.

The redeeming thought ? this is our first experience, they have seen it all so often, despite what you hear so often, Trust them please to make the right decision.

I am not even saying there is a perfect solution, do hope there is, but we have to trust the experts My 'non op' was 30 months ago - so maybe they picked right for me. Hope the Chemo is not too harsh

Love and Hugs

J xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Sarsfield and John for your kind words, they mean a lot at this difficult time.  Your right John it is scary and it does hurt.  I had thought I had prepared myself for this but obviously not. In the back of my mind I had always suspected surgery wouldn't be an option although had kept it to myself.  I had built a wall around myself and (although it sounds harsh) had treated this like it was happening to someone else. I am a carer in a nursing home and it was easier to put myself into work mode... My brother through a party on Friday and made me face up to things I didn't want to... Unfortunately my wall has come crashing around my feet today.  But tomorrow is another day and I will dust myself of and help mum with her fight... We all will.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julie,

Friendly hugs Mate, but know this is repetatative, Yesterday has gone, Non are guaranteed tomorrow, all any of us are certain of is today.

Live every day to the max, Make 'Good Memory Days' and live life to the full - its all we have.

J xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julie, I'm so sorry this has happened to your mum. What a shock it must have been to be told surgery is not an option. At least chemotherapy is an option and I hope it all goes well for your mum.

Wishing all your family the very best for the future.

Christine xx