Laughing

1 minute read time.

Feeling quite calm about the situation thanks to this website.  You are all being a tower of strength thank you all.  My 11 year old son told me of last night for daring to laugh, which just made me laugh more.  He said he was utterly digusted with me for laughing when his nan is going through so much.  Tried to explain to him that nan would not want us to be unhappy all the time and the best medicine for her is for us all to treat her normally and laugh. Mum has already said she does not want her cancer to be topic of conversation all the time and she wants normality as much as possible.  After our little conversation my 11 year said, well i still think your being out of order mum cant see how you can be happy.....

I can only take that as I am doing my job as a mum ok and hiding my true fear better than i thought...

Positive thinking and lots of laughter is what is needed I think, you see  my husbands grandad was also diagnosed with cancer 2 days after my mum.  He is in hospital at the moment .  At 92 years old he has done remarkably well to stay independant but is looking very likely that he is going to have to move in with us now.  So I have to stay upbeat I am needed by to many people at the moment to be an emotional wreck !!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julie,

It just goes to show you that kids are not stupid and notice things, when you think you are hiding them. They can see through the pain, the real you.

His Mum.  Look after yourself .

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx