vulnerable and a complete mess !!!!

2 minute read time.

woke up this morning and im feeling so down just seem too want to cry for england scotland ireland and wales......i want someone to cuddle me and tell me everything will be ok but there isnt anyone to do that because im on my own with my two wonderful children well adults now really  ......throughout my life ive always been the one who prefered to be on my own but now is the first time i wish i had someone just for me  to wake up to and give me that much needed cuddle .......is that being selfish yes i suppose it is.......im being strong for my kids but inside im falling apart and i so dont like what this is making me become ........ a vulnerable woman ...........i seem to have lost the strong resilient person i was as every day goes by instead im a snivelling mess and when i look in the mirror seem to have aged so much.

i should be happy that im being given the chance of treatment but right now its not first and foremost in my head its way at the back because im scared of it .....scared what it is going to make me become .....dependant on my two children and to anyone else who i can rope in and its just not fair on them .....they should be going about their normal days having nothing more than to worry about than boys and what new game is coming out on x box instead they are being told about hygiene indoors...not allowing their friends in if they have infections,,,, reading the leaflets on the side effects of chemo.....accompanying me to hospital appointments etc etc  what a damn turmoil in our life....all because of this bloody disease.....i am not going to lie down to this or let it take me over because i cant afford to be miserable like this cos then it has won and there is no way i have let anyone win in my life( exs included) so for now i will go dry my tears and get on with being mum for the next few days before my chemo on wednesday starts and then we will be thrown into the unknown ........the dreaded side effects scenario!!!!????

im so angry with myself for feeling like this how dare it drag me down ....so im off for a nice bath... putting on my makeup.... doing my hair and taking my daughter out for the day to the shops!!!

who knows when the next time i will be feeling able to do this but bugger this damn thing you will not beat me i have no place in my life for you anymore whether im going to be  bald .look like an egg on legs whatever i am going to fight because im proud of who i am and what i am so you can take the biggest bloody hike right out of our life there is no place for you here !!!!

sorry guys just have to have a rant today

love you all jen xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen,

Towards the end of your post, you showed strength and that fighting spirit you have, even though you think you dont.  With that type of attitude your halfway there. Yes you are frightened but wernt we all, its the unknown factor that plays havoc with your mind. Once you start your treatment you will

cope. All the best and Good Luck.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi everyone

thanks again for your kind comments

jeanie yes im under barts under dr slater she is so lovely and straight to the point got my pre chemo app on monday then chemo on wed everything being fine im on two intravenous and tabletsfor 28 days and yes think thats what im expecting  an exorcist result!!! just hope i can tolerate it !!!

love you all jen xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mammoth journeys begin with one single step - just take it one day at a time x  Jeanie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thinking of you, I know how this feels. I would say that once I started the treatment I felt I coped better. It is the waiting around for things to happen that got to me. THe day I came home to tell my daughter that I had Breast Cancer was so hard. She was just recovering from a four month stay in hospital with annorexia. She is doing really well now.I will be thinking about you on Wednesday if it helps.

Take care hun xx Jazz  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

jazz so happy your daughter is better its funny how we only really care for our children....  we dont matter .... we just want to sheild them because thats what mums do .... thats why its so hard .....to feel its so unfair for them to be going through all this and we are somehow letting them down by being vulnerable and frightenend

yes it helps to know that everyone is thinking of me and i dont feel so alone ...thanks so much take care

love jen xxxx