just ridiculous!!!

1 minute read time.

well ive been feeling so sick these last few days yesterday couldnt eat anything and couldnt even drink much or get my tablets down so was forced to phone the chemo number they gave..... unavailable..... so phoned one of the chemo wards at barts..... doctor phoned me back about half hour later to say that she wasnt allowed to give me a prescription for stronger anti sickness and the ward wasnt allowed to give me any either even though i was willing to go up there which is two bus journeys there and back( how id make it god knows but there wasnt an alternative or so i thought even though im feeling so ill ) anyway told me i had to phone my out of hours doctor ...did that and he phoned me back to say i had to go to the walk in centre at the london hospital where he would leave me a prescription for wait for it!!!!!!  2 yes 2 tablets which will tide me over till tomorrow and then i have to go to my own gp to get a prescription for stronger anti sickness tabs is it me or do they do it on purpose heres me feeling like crap havent been able to eat since friday and ive got all this to contend with what is the point of giving me a phone number telling me if youre not feeling well out of hours phone the 24/7 chemo line just hope its never something serious i have to phone them up about thats all  i can say!!!!!! Raging isnt the word wait till i get onto my chemo nurse tomorrow !!!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Glad you're feeling a wee bit better Jen. Shocking that you had the run around before getting some better treatment.

I remember feeling really ill during chemo. I couldn't put my finger on it, just didn't feel right. I phoned the chemo unit who told me to go to Casualty. When I got there the triage nurse told me off for being there as the place was full of germs. I then overheard her say to another nurse, "that's the second person who's here today who could quite easily have seen their GP". I felt really embarrassed. It turned out I had a shadow on my lung which they thought was down to a previous infection, but I was also neutropenic. I would never have got the blood results as quickly if I had gone to my GP and would have been at more risk as I would have been out in the community.

Anyway, hope you get your anti-sickness pills sorted out tomorrow.

Best wishes, Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks christine

well i just had to go to the walk in centre and yes there were people even on the floor being sick into a bowl couldnt get out of there quick enough didnt have to remind me how im so not to be amongst germs so wrapped my scarf round my mouth for the whole ten minutes i was in there sometimes i just dispair with these hospitals know its the weekend but we cant decide what day of the week we are going to need help can we !!!???

love jen xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen,

Hope the sickness goes soon, I was very sick on my last cycle so really feel for you. On the phone I was told I could take up to 2 metoclopramide three times a day but when I read the patient leaflet with the medication it clearly said one tablet three times a day so decided to ignore the phone advice until I had a chance to consult the doctor in person (instead of chemo unit whoever answered the phone). By then I had got over the worst so thought I could cope with the remaining bit of nausea and fortunately I am better now. I'll be asking for strong anti-sickness for next time though - and maybe reducing the dose if that is an option.

Bug hugs to you, and hang on in there girl. You are often very strong sounding so I reckon you'll bounce back soon,

Eleanor

xxx.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks eleanor it just floored me girl must be one of the worst feelings ever glad to hear youre feeling so much better

love and hugs jen xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi Jennifer

sometimes well mostly i feel lik ethe hosp sysytem is desiigned to worlk against us and try our patience.

Give your chemo nurse hell i did mine last week told them exactly what i thought of the aftter care and never minced my words at all.

Hope you are feeling better today, my son was tretaed at Barts 5 years ago, for testicular, stomach,lung and liver cancer. He is alive and well they are very good there.

Hugs

sam

xx