just ridiculous!!!

1 minute read time.

well ive been feeling so sick these last few days yesterday couldnt eat anything and couldnt even drink much or get my tablets down so was forced to phone the chemo number they gave..... unavailable..... so phoned one of the chemo wards at barts..... doctor phoned me back about half hour later to say that she wasnt allowed to give me a prescription for stronger anti sickness and the ward wasnt allowed to give me any either even though i was willing to go up there which is two bus journeys there and back( how id make it god knows but there wasnt an alternative or so i thought even though im feeling so ill ) anyway told me i had to phone my out of hours doctor ...did that and he phoned me back to say i had to go to the walk in centre at the london hospital where he would leave me a prescription for wait for it!!!!!!  2 yes 2 tablets which will tide me over till tomorrow and then i have to go to my own gp to get a prescription for stronger anti sickness tabs is it me or do they do it on purpose heres me feeling like crap havent been able to eat since friday and ive got all this to contend with what is the point of giving me a phone number telling me if youre not feeling well out of hours phone the 24/7 chemo line just hope its never something serious i have to phone them up about thats all  i can say!!!!!! Raging isnt the word wait till i get onto my chemo nurse tomorrow !!!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jennifer

((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))

Hang in there 'till tomorrow and the chemo nurse will give you all the help you need.

Allt the very best

Georgia XXXXXXXXXXX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jeni,

Try and stick with it until tomorrow. I know its not easy. But try and keep your strength going. Sorry

I cant suggest anything that would help.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

that's bad. poor you. i have had nothing but fantastic help from my hospital in dundee and the docs but then - touch wood, not really needed anything out of hours. i've also got a strong network of wonderful pals who would do anything to help too. stick in there kiddo and hope you're better tomorrow. xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Is there a limit on the amount of tables you can take...I can take up to 2 tablets 3 times a day on  my metoclopramide.  I'm sure the cancer nurse will help on  Monday.  I've also found the local hospice a source of help and advice when needed.

Good luck

Viv

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks hun i will remember that didnt know you could take more than one they only say one three times a day on mine for goodness sake what would i do without you all on here will check with doc but they have given me another one now and its working so far thank god for that felt so awful was hungry but just couldnt eat for gagging on everything !!!!

love jen xxx (will ring my chemo nurse tomorro)