cant believe ive done it !!!!

1 minute read time.

hi everyone!!!

just had to write and tell everyone that i have actually plucked up the courage and shaved off all my hair !!!!.........yes i do look like an egg with legs and still cant bear to look in the mirror but the alternative was sitting painfully having it falling out all over the place and feeling so helpless about it happening !!!

yes our hair is one of our most beautiful features and yes im terrified to face anyone yet who knows me...... but my 16yr old came in from school and didnt even notice all he said was it looks cool mum when my daughter mentioned it to him bless him !!!!

will i have the courage to face my public or not who can tell probably not quite yet one step at a time and baby steps at that but i have to conquer my fear and do i really care what people think or is it the fact i now have an outward appearance of a cancer sufferer and cant hide the fact away any more im sure i will get there but when or how long it will take will depend on my attitude nobody elses !!!

so now a few little pep talks to myself plenty eyemakeup hope my eyelashes dont fall out and my eyebrows( got my false eyelashes waiting ceremoniously in their little box) just yet until i get used to the hair or lack of it i should say and avoid the mirrors as much as possible for today anyway will let you know how far my next baby step will take me.........maybe to put out the bin but hey its progress!!!! im proud of me !!!!

love and hugs jen xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Awesome, amazing and so brave. You have took the bull by the horns and taken control. Stay with it girl. bet you look fabulous. love leisha xxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen

Well done! I did the same, it's a very liberating experience. Onwards and upwards.

Love and hugs

Max xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen,

Well done you!

Kath xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jen,well done you! I am sure that you look beautiful with or without your hair and your kids sound so wonderful and caring and that is all that matters,eh?

Big hugs, Alison.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen

That was  a huge step you took. I can remember the night my long red hair started falling out and my youngest shaved it, followed by huuby giving a closer wet shave. That was back in April last year. I still pine for my hair, but meantime wear not only a wig but bandanas as well as a night cap. Anna Bandana web site has some lovely ones and hope you know that you are entitled to a free wig every 6 months. Please do try and keep your head cosy though as we are just like babies and lose a lot of our heat through the head. Take Care and Stay Cosy; It will grow back, but takes time. xxx