cant believe ive done it !!!!

1 minute read time.

hi everyone!!!

just had to write and tell everyone that i have actually plucked up the courage and shaved off all my hair !!!!.........yes i do look like an egg with legs and still cant bear to look in the mirror but the alternative was sitting painfully having it falling out all over the place and feeling so helpless about it happening !!!

yes our hair is one of our most beautiful features and yes im terrified to face anyone yet who knows me...... but my 16yr old came in from school and didnt even notice all he said was it looks cool mum when my daughter mentioned it to him bless him !!!!

will i have the courage to face my public or not who can tell probably not quite yet one step at a time and baby steps at that but i have to conquer my fear and do i really care what people think or is it the fact i now have an outward appearance of a cancer sufferer and cant hide the fact away any more im sure i will get there but when or how long it will take will depend on my attitude nobody elses !!!

so now a few little pep talks to myself plenty eyemakeup hope my eyelashes dont fall out and my eyebrows( got my false eyelashes waiting ceremoniously in their little box) just yet until i get used to the hair or lack of it i should say and avoid the mirrors as much as possible for today anyway will let you know how far my next baby step will take me.........maybe to put out the bin but hey its progress!!!! im proud of me !!!!

love and hugs jen xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks everyone dont know what id do without your encouragement love n hugs jen xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey jen, you have bounced back from the other day, lot more positive.

Well done on jumping over the hurdle, you have a few more to jump to the finishing line but you are strong and if you need a hand to help you over the hurdle, let me know !

You are doing so well, great big hugs to you xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Proud of you,

Love Kaz x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

good for you

the day mine started to fall out i came on here a little tearful and after a chat with a few i came away feeling empowered so off came the hair and i loved it.i hope you can grow to love your shining head.

i did loss my eyebrows and my bottom lashes i managed to hold on to some of the top but this was around cycle 5 so just near the end of it so they had no sooner gone then they were growing back .

good luck with everything

jackie

check my pics to see me happy with my lack of hair

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done Jen.  I did the same as you once it started falling out in clumps - once I'd got used to it I found it quite liberating. I covered it up with scarves and bandanas and my wig when I went out but was happy enough at home with my new shiny pate being exposed.  

Corrine