cant believe ive done it !!!!

1 minute read time.

hi everyone!!!

just had to write and tell everyone that i have actually plucked up the courage and shaved off all my hair !!!!.........yes i do look like an egg with legs and still cant bear to look in the mirror but the alternative was sitting painfully having it falling out all over the place and feeling so helpless about it happening !!!

yes our hair is one of our most beautiful features and yes im terrified to face anyone yet who knows me...... but my 16yr old came in from school and didnt even notice all he said was it looks cool mum when my daughter mentioned it to him bless him !!!!

will i have the courage to face my public or not who can tell probably not quite yet one step at a time and baby steps at that but i have to conquer my fear and do i really care what people think or is it the fact i now have an outward appearance of a cancer sufferer and cant hide the fact away any more im sure i will get there but when or how long it will take will depend on my attitude nobody elses !!!

so now a few little pep talks to myself plenty eyemakeup hope my eyelashes dont fall out and my eyebrows( got my false eyelashes waiting ceremoniously in their little box) just yet until i get used to the hair or lack of it i should say and avoid the mirrors as much as possible for today anyway will let you know how far my next baby step will take me.........maybe to put out the bin but hey its progress!!!! im proud of me !!!!

love and hugs jen xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi,

I think you are really courageous about your hair.

Noticed your comment on my blog about Chelsea Physic Garden.

Just wanted to ask: do you believe in mediumship and clairvoyance  in a big way then?

Do you think it is useful in contacting loved ones who have passed over, or for them to contact you?  I am wondering about this at the moment.

I went to a psychic evening at a local pub the other night because I was wondering about this very thing but when I got there, instead of the group talk/experience I had expected it, it was private one-to-one readings in a back room of the pub for £39.95  a shot, which I couldn't really afford.

Got chatting to a guy I met there instead.

What do you think:do you believe it can really work?

Regards, Perse.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Jen, 10/10 to you girl.  Its cold outside so I hope you have a nice hat or two - my nut really felt cold when it was bare.  Did you know you can get temporary eyelashes put on which might be something to treat yourself with - I think they last 30 days or so.  I know what you mean about facing the outside world  - you are now wearing a cancer badge and feel everyone is either looking or seeing us as a victim.  Well, you are not a victim, you are a warrior and you are ready to do battle - bit cheesy I know.  Anyway, get some nice scarves/hats to keep the cold out and enjoy not having to spend too much on shampoos/conditioners/hairstyles for a while.  I feel very proud for you too, you are one gutsy lady.  God bless, take care and you go girl! Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks everyone for the lovely words so appreciate them all and the tips cant get used to the baldy head but hey its here to stay love and hugs jenxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done Jen, I took control both  times and shaved mine, it means your doing it in your time, we all know there are worse things than losing your hair

Good luck

Xoxoxoxox

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

well done Jen. You are very brave and I wish you  all the best  Jean xxxxxxxxx