lung mets

Less than one minute read time.

Has anyone had treatment for lung secondaries?  I've had successful treatment (surgery) for bowel cancer and liver mets but the chemo seems to have been ineffective on the lung mets.  Oncologist wants to wait 3 months to see what happens but I am already worrying about what happens next in the way of treatment as I am scared. Would appreciate any answers. Thanks

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Christine -

My hubby has 23 mets to his lungs now, and they're growing about 2 mm every 3 months (down from 3 mm every 3 months) - so it doesn't look like Tibetan medicine is actually curing anything... just slowing it down, with no side effects. Because the tumours aren't blocking any airways, hubby still feels "fine". He also had a suspected seizure 3 weeks ago, and we're awaiting results from an MRI.

He really really doesn't want to take Palliative Chemo, and would rather try anything else at the moment. The lung surgeon said that there are too many tumours, and won't do anything about them - also some are too close to major organs.

He's tried Naturopathy - which didn't work; Chinese medicine - which didn't work (and was very expensive); and now Tibetan medicine - which is slowing things down...

The list of Tibetan doctors around the world can be found on this link:

www.dharma-haven.org/.../medicine-clinics.htm

We live in rural Canada so it's quite a long drive for us to see the Dr, but Hubby only sees him once every 2 months. But considering that the mets in the lungs were diagnosed in January of 2009, and now it's June 2010 that's not bad. He's had a very wonderful year & 1/2 with no side effects, and feeling quite normal.

Christine - I look forward to hearing from you!!!! And from you too, Jen!!!

Sending you both Big Hugs!

Love, Mo   xxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi mo

Thanks for the info. The last met is so small 1mm and they are not sure what it is. I just hope that it is not near major organs.

Do you know anything about Dr Axell Rolles who is in Germany? He pioneered a laser treatment for  multiple lung mets.The treatment is also available in Italy and Canada.There are 28 hospitals in Germany that offer this treatment. As you live in Canada this treatment may be some help to you!

I hope your husband stays well. I am fine. I spend a lot of my time in the garden,that's if it's dry. The weather is wet today-typical British summer!

Love

Christine.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Christine. We will check this out.

Enjoy your garden! (Mine's a jungle - lol.... I put a sign on it that says: "I fought the lawn and the lawn won").

Love,

Mo

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi All on this thread,

I am having chemo 10 tomorrow, then 2 more , then a scan before RFA. So terrified at the thought.Have got 6 mets now after "wait and see" so that was a bad plan. I had bowel and liver surgery and 12 chemos before but have never felt ill. I just hate all the treatment, have to take tranquilisers to get there.out RFA?

Love Jen XX

Can anyone put my mind at rest ab