Fed up and scared

1 minute read time.

I have a huge, mega phobia about anything to do with hospitals. I have surprised myself by having surgery, 30 goes of chemo and a port a cath fitted. The surgery worked, none of the chemos (4 different drugs) worked so my stage 4 cancer is progressing. My port a cath didn't work either so I have depended on one little vein which has now given up. After a traumatic digging around I couldn't have my treatment last week so they tried to put a PICC line in but I was so terrified I couldn't stop shaking so they didn't do it but just made a big black briuse to match the other arm. I tried treatment again today but no good, just replaced the fading bruise with a big purple lump.

Now they are suggesting that I have a general anasthetic, remove the port and put in  a Picc. Trouble is I found having the GA so traumatic before, the anesthetist was horrible and the surgeon had a row with him and apologised to me for his behaviour but it still feels bad.

I have tried very hard over the last 2 and half years coping with stage 4 cancer (bowel with liver and lung mets), coping with my absolute terror so my quality of life has been eroded somewhat. I find myself wondering whether it is worth putting myself thru any more treatment which is only palliative (should it work). Trouble is it is hard to give up on your liife.

Thanks for reading, any sympathy gratefully received.

Love to all you brave people out there Jen XX

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen

You are so unbelievably brave in everything you have been through . I cant imagine how you must feel,but . I can send you loads of love and hugs. I  hope you get the treatment you deserve and given to you in a gentle way.

Lots of love Sharon xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for the sympathy and suggestions. Gas masks are horrible, how can they expect everybody to be the same. I've got an appointment  to talk to a surgeon on Wed- only talk!!

Love  Jen XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

....a step in the right direction :-) xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

The surgeon doesn't do PICCS!! He wanted to replace the portt but can't do a GA  because of my lungs. Now I don't know what to do. The oncologist is away for 2 weeks. Feel like giving up.

Jen XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen,Have you been tested for cetixumab,Pete as bowel liver lung mets and they did a test on his liver tumor and he had the gene for this drug have you asked about it,its to slow the cancer and hopefully stop the spread.im on your friends so p.m. me if you need to ask anything Hugs Chris.xx