Talk with consultant and RT consultant update

2 minute read time.

Went today to the Beatson for all the picture taking wearing mask and being marked again before my RT starts have to go on the 18th for pre-verifacation scan and was to have started chemo and RT on the 19th ..but for some reason my net appointment after that was not until the 23rd ..which did not go down well with the consultants as the want it started and kept going ..so its been put back to the 23rd when i will have my overnight chemo plus my RT day either side then home ....not sure how i feel to be honest I do want it to start but having a couple of extra days to get over this chemo cycle is good .

Afterward my daughter Alison and friend Brian and I had a talk with the consultant and RT consultant about exactly what was about to happen to me ...

Firstly I was told not to look at food as something nice to eat it had now to become medicine and it was important no matter what taste or no taste i had to eat ...scary ...

I was told that any side effects would start about 2 /3 weeks into treatment but everyone is different and that some people dont get any until the very last week .

Again as we all know painkillers and to tell them everything thats wrong so they can try fix it ....they said not to use any bought over the counter mouthwashes but they would supply me with one they wanted me to use plus to use bicarbonate of soda and cooled boiled water as a mouth wash ...

they were blunt and said the treatment is agressive toward the cancer and would be tough   but will try and take each day and that days problems as they /if they come ...Brian my friend has to go home the night before my treatment starts but will only be gone over a week and plans to come back ..they also said that i would end up being a pain to live with and would get angry and in turn i would become a pain to them ..lol ..I pray for the courage to endure whatever comes my way in my battle and that in the end I am victorious .

On a lighter note I got my wig today ..had three to choose from and hope i made the right choice lol every time i comb it on my head it slides off lol

Anyway mouth is getting better from the chemo so starting to eat a little better .

ok betetr go take my antibiotics .....and remember my food is my medicine

Love Jan x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Ann I look forward to that to

God Bless x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Your right Jen I think I will need you to kick that butt of mine many time in this journey ..

love and hugs

Jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan,

I am glad that you have had a talk with your consultants and although the treatment is daunting, follow their advice and you will get through it. Remember you can tell them of any worry or symptom you experience and they will do their best to sort it out.

I really sympathise Jan...no lippy! If I was on a desert island and could only have one luxury item it would have to be my lipstick. As for the wig, the more you wear it, it will mould to your head and the slipping should stop!

I wish you so much luck and hope that it all goes well with no problems. Then we will all raise a glass of something sparkling to toast your victory.

With you all the way,

Love and hugs,

lizzie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Lizzie its is daunting and a bit scary walking into the unknown but forwarned is forarmed so I will follow their word to the letter ..to try and make it through this the best I can ...

thank you so much for taking the time to post .and your good wishes

God Bless

Love and hugs

Jan x