Can we lead a normal life ?

1 minute read time.

Woke up as usual at 7 but surprised myself by falling asleep until 9.30 ..a first for me ..dont think i sleep enough as never nap during the day and by night time i am so emotional and end up in floods of tears worrying about how i am going to cope with my RT and how i miss my husband and wish he was there to give me a hug ...I feel i wake up and it starts all over again ..This morning i got ready and went to postoffice just across the road from me then went to see my two youngest grandsons who were being looked after by there other gran while my daughter is at work ...I love them so much and all i could think about then and now that its a job i would /should be doing ..i love looking after them and now i feel everything has changed feel its going to be a day full of tears wish i could pull something out of the bag to make it ok to make it feel normal ...How do you all cope with this do you feel like i do that i am living inthis cancer bubble and there is no escape and that it wont ever be the same again ..I just find it so hard to deal with I try but end up back in the same place ..just want to know if its only me who feels this way or does everyone but you just deal with it better than i am dealing with it ..

Love and hugs

Jan x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan,

Although I try to be strong there are days when I feel trapped in the cancer bubble. The thing is to let your feelings out but then try to pick yourself up, be positive , be hopeful and try to live as normal a life as you can. Spend time with those you love, try to find one thing every day to uplift you, a piece of music. a beautiful sunset, whatever will raise your spirits.

I know it is hard when you are facing this treatment but try to look at it positively because this will give you your life back. It is a friend not an enemy so try not to fear it, have faith in it and you will feel so much better.

Take care,

Love and hugs,

lizzie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ann

I think everyone who has cancer feels exactly how I do but have their own way of dealing with it but I think overall we are all scared and all shed tears along our journey ..I like you have sobed and sobed sasometimes i feel my whole day is full of tears but again i feel i cant get my head to work in that positive mode for more than a few minutes at a time ...I keep going over in my head that I need to deal with one day at a time and try and not go beyond that ...your a great inspiration how you can get through this and learn to live again without the tears .

God Bless

Love Jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Lizzie again you are an inspiration to me and others you have been through so much and still maintain that wonderful positive attitude ..I have a daughter susan who I dont see much off as she is very caught up in her own life my hubby is Canadian and trying very hard to get the paperwork done so he can come to live here with me in scotland it should have been the other way around and i moving there but our plans had to change i miss him so much but i am very lucky to have my daughter Alison and a a great friend Brian who is staying with me just now but will have to leave just as i begin my RT but he will only begone a week and will come back to support me during this scary time Alison my daughter is a nurse and works while trying to look after my two grandsons 3 and 2 but she is amazing and always looks after me ....I have a lot like us all to live for and should feel thankfull i have the chance to fight this no matter how hard and just learn to take each day and its problems as it comes ..

God Bless

Love Jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Joy I am so sorry to hear what you are going through ..You sound so positive and that so great I am sure you will get the love and support from the love of your life ..thank you for writing and please stay in touch .

God Bless you

Love jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you Jules I wish i could recieve that hug ..

God Bless

Love Jan x