Can we lead a normal life ?

1 minute read time.

Woke up as usual at 7 but surprised myself by falling asleep until 9.30 ..a first for me ..dont think i sleep enough as never nap during the day and by night time i am so emotional and end up in floods of tears worrying about how i am going to cope with my RT and how i miss my husband and wish he was there to give me a hug ...I feel i wake up and it starts all over again ..This morning i got ready and went to postoffice just across the road from me then went to see my two youngest grandsons who were being looked after by there other gran while my daughter is at work ...I love them so much and all i could think about then and now that its a job i would /should be doing ..i love looking after them and now i feel everything has changed feel its going to be a day full of tears wish i could pull something out of the bag to make it ok to make it feel normal ...How do you all cope with this do you feel like i do that i am living inthis cancer bubble and there is no escape and that it wont ever be the same again ..I just find it so hard to deal with I try but end up back in the same place ..just want to know if its only me who feels this way or does everyone but you just deal with it better than i am dealing with it ..

Love and hugs

Jan x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well Jan,

This is the second version, managed to loose the first one !!  Ok Ann has is right, but I want to add a butt kick ok !!!

None of us ever have more than today !! We spent yesterday, love it or loath it, its gone, we cannot change it !  Not sure if you want your money back - but who guaranteed any of us tomorrow ? Heard of about 20,000 Japanese and a few thousand more in the Twin Towers that would like to read the small print of that guarantee !

Not suggesting for a second that because others hurt more or have less life expectancy than us, that us our pain or worry is less real. Maybe just trying to get things in context. The Big 'C' is bad ! but every day the treatments become more refined, the success rates improve and the control medications become more effective.

So you have a couple of choices Jan, You can hide away in the dark and worry what may happen next week, month or year - or you can grab today - go and hug the grand children - play ring-a-Rosie's, blind mans bluff and have hugs and kisses from them, and hear them laugh.

But honest whatever you do will not change tomorrow, apart from giving you some beautiful memories rather than dwelling alone !! Some never see a tomorrow - build today for yours  !!

J xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan,

Please forgive me The comment I made on this post was meant for someone else and not you. I dont know what I was thinking ,or my mind went blank.

I just want to wish you and your husband in Canada all the very best for the future. I hope he gets his documents all in order very soon so that you both can be back together again. Again I so sorry if I have upset you in any way.  Look after yourself .

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan, Today is the one year anniversary of my op, had my lower jaw removed and replaced with titanium and my fibula. As we say here, woke up looking like a pound of mince..lol.

So one year on and still getting dental reconstruction. Had my 2 year old grandaughter to look after yesterday and loved it, thats normality for you. Be happy to still be here and enjoy whats going on, much better than the alternative..the long silence.

Take care, you WILL get there it's just one day at a time. hugs x Groggy