The Last Post.

1 minute read time.

This is my last blog post. 

I want to THANK every one who has read,followed,commented  and encouraged us on our journey. A huge thank you to those who became friends and sent private messages although I have not been the best at replying I have been moved and cheered by your input.

Today we have celebrated Peter's life before he was cremated, the sun shone and the day was exactly as he wished, the chapel was full of friends and family who all supported me as I told his story.

As the service was at 9.15 we just had a short gathering serving coffee and biscuits, Peter was very well thought of and such lovely memories were shared by his friends. The gathering was at one of Peters favorite seafront restaurants, the view is spectacular and the food excellent. 15 family members stayed on for a long and very noisy lunch.

Peters physical presence was absent but he was there at the table with us in memories and laughter, as one by one stories were recounted like

:- do you remember when dad chased and caught an escaped penguin on the road only to find it was a cormorant.

I am very lucky to have been left with a close and loving family who will all miss Peter as much as me but we will hold each other as we travel onwards.

I have found keeping this record of our journey cathartic I needed to remember the good times. otherwise all the tests treatments and procedures Peter went through would have been pointless.

I send enormous warm and gentle  hugs to all you dear friends and wish you strength and courage.

Mushty X

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My sincere condolences Mushty xx

Pam

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Mushty, I am sorry to hear you lost Peter. I am also sorry I didn't get chance to say this more timely. I haven't been on here since March as I found it too hard to read since I lost my dad. Thank you very much for your advice and support when I was on here and having moments of need. I really hope you are coping as best you can. Marie xxxxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Marie, Thank you for your message, I know you will be missing your Dear Dad very much.

I am on autopilot as 3 family deaths since Peter's, then last night his sister died suddenly, I seem to just finish sorting out one lot of affairs only to start another

Take care Mushty X