The great escape

1 minute read time.

Well after the talk with the Drs on Thursday they kept to the bargain and allowed mum home :)

She is unfortunately suffering with nausea. Don't know if its from the meds, tiredness or calcium count in the blood (probably abit of all 3). She is keeping stubborn about the build up drinks and refusing to have them, for now I am letting it go, well for a couple more days anyway.  I am going to try again soon to change her mind because 600 calories a day (and not always that when she is being sick) to my way of thinking is not going to give her the energy she needs when she starts with the chemo. So this is something she is just going to have to swallow literally ;)

Tiredness? Check.   Pain? Check.   Nausea? Check.   Constipation? Check  Confusion? Double check.  She is having some really strange conversations with us lately, when she realises that she is not making sense it is heart breaking to see the confusion and fear in her eyes. On the other hand it does sometimes make us all laugh.  Think I am going to get a pad and write them down because then (a) I can post them on here to show that sometimes there are things about this experience that can still make you smile/laugh and (b) so in the hard times ahead it will give my family and I something to remember and bring once again a smile or chuckle into our day.

So now I have offloaded I am going. Thank you all for listening. Till the next time hugs and bestwishes to you all. 

Helen xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi to all of  you,

They are at present giving her meds for excess calcium so hoping they will soon take effect, went to the chemist today Molly and got her a similar meal replacement to try in the morning as it is usually evening the sickness hits so fingers crossed she will take it as she is still very resistant to the idea of them because of the taste, so she still has the strength to be stubborn at least ;)

I will keep on at her to drink plenty Anne as hopefully that will keep her more lucid.

Thanks for the hug Mrs Bee can never have enough of them.

Mamogram tomorrow for mum but at least its not another blood test!!!

Thanks for the support from you all hugs and best wishes.

Helen xxx