Any hugs gratefully recieved thanks x

2 minute read time.

I'm pretty much in a good place in my head regarding my cancer and where I am up to on that so called journey. Then my Onc. appointment appears on the calendar for February and the little doubts and niggles start in my head grrrrrr.

When I was diagnosed I asked straight for a statistic for survival, 60%. I'd rather it been a bit more but at least it was the upper side of 50 eh, so not complaining.

Mr tumour was a T3N2M0 and again i'd rather it been below the 3 and not too happy with the node involvement, but not compaining it could have been worse eh.

Ended up with a permanent stoma which wasn't easy to come to terms with at first but wasn't too much of an issue, 'cos I saw it as my life saver so I must respect and look after it well.

Pity that my radiotherapy zapped my small bowel, so I have permanent diarrehea with the need for loperamide daily. But again that same radiotherapy zapped 'shitface' to a crisp and good riddance for good (i hope).

I'm now two years on and getting on with enjoying life and to be honest the dark places in my head are buried. Lifes good and I have a wonderful family with exciting things to come. For one my daughter is getting married next year and my will have finished his degree. It's lovely to see them starting out in life as grownups.

So why am I feeling uneasy now i've come home from my appointment. They say I have my last CT scan in November and a further three years of six monthly appointments just to check i'm feelig OK. I expressed that I felt uneasy about not having any more scans 'cos of the fear of cancer returning. She saind the highest risk was in the first two years, so once i'm past November, i am at a lower risk. I'm now feeling like a time bomb that might go off before November but also worried about the following years without scans.

I know some of you out there have already gone past this stage so hope you may share your experiences and thoughts with me.

I must mention my dear Dad now. It's been much harder today coming home and ringing mums. He normally speaks to me after all my appointments and was a real comfort. He said the right things and when I called he gave me lovely dad cuddles. I miss him so much but especially feel it today and have cried buckets whilst hoovering to try and distract my silly thoughts.

If you read this, thanks for putting up with the woffle, i'll be back to normal warpiness shortly,

Take care all

love

Jan xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan,

I've also missed this one, but I must send you real welsh cwtches.

I had a similar wobble when they finished my hormone treatment, worried that it was that which was keeping my cancer under control. We don't get scanned again, just regular blood tests every 6 months. What a relief it was to find the drugs and RT had zapped the cancer to a frizzle after my first check up.

Yes unfortunately it also fried my bowel, but I appear to have escaped the worst side effects; I just have to guess when it's time to go or I might get caught out! Such fun - guess the poo time, a free game with every RT Treatment.

I don't miss my Mum so much as I have so many happy memories, but strangely, when I remember dreams, my Mum is usually there as an observer; strange! Don't know what the psychos would make of it!!

It sounds as though they are really looking after you, and although it's easier to say than to do - let them do the worrying!

Hope you are back to warpiness soon

Love,

Odin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks everyone,

Really appreciate all the support and your wise and kind words oooh and all those lovely hugs hmmmmmm.

take care all

Jan xxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Glad the wine did the trick Jan, as well as visits from all your friends. Was thinking about you, but had my hands full (literally) with my little man. He is so gorgeous. Still not back up to birthweight yet, and a bit of a snacker and loves his cuddles. Was singing silly rhymes and bouncing him up and down...then wondered why my arms were aching this morning!

Well, we all have wobbles at check -up time. I had one on Wednesday as my appointment came for 6 month ENT check in 2 weeks. Side effect of chemo losing some hearing, and it is getting worse. What with in the last year having referral to eye consultant and also needing regular blood tests for thyroid, on top of my 6 month haematology checks, I just seem to lurch from one check up to another. Last haematology check was the first that I didn't have a chest x-ray, and as the cough is hanging about I've had a few "what if....." moments, but just give myself a firm telling off and say that if i want to enjoy life I must push stoooopid thoughts into the rubbish bin.

You have a wedding to prepare for ......YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE! And good reason to stay well. Your Dad will be looking out for you....that's why your warpy friends are about.

Big hugs Jan (yes, I saved a few for you!)

Louise xxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for supporting hugs from my macfriends, they were very much appreciated.

Take care all

Jan xxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aww Louise what a lovely time you're having being Granny. Life's good isn't it and you're right those stupid thoughts belong in the rubbish bin. We're just too busy wth family life to dwell on silliness eh, thanks so much. Oh and i'm very honoured that you saved a few hugs for me wow :)

Take care

Jan xxx