Any hugs gratefully recieved thanks x

2 minute read time.

I'm pretty much in a good place in my head regarding my cancer and where I am up to on that so called journey. Then my Onc. appointment appears on the calendar for February and the little doubts and niggles start in my head grrrrrr.

When I was diagnosed I asked straight for a statistic for survival, 60%. I'd rather it been a bit more but at least it was the upper side of 50 eh, so not complaining.

Mr tumour was a T3N2M0 and again i'd rather it been below the 3 and not too happy with the node involvement, but not compaining it could have been worse eh.

Ended up with a permanent stoma which wasn't easy to come to terms with at first but wasn't too much of an issue, 'cos I saw it as my life saver so I must respect and look after it well.

Pity that my radiotherapy zapped my small bowel, so I have permanent diarrehea with the need for loperamide daily. But again that same radiotherapy zapped 'shitface' to a crisp and good riddance for good (i hope).

I'm now two years on and getting on with enjoying life and to be honest the dark places in my head are buried. Lifes good and I have a wonderful family with exciting things to come. For one my daughter is getting married next year and my will have finished his degree. It's lovely to see them starting out in life as grownups.

So why am I feeling uneasy now i've come home from my appointment. They say I have my last CT scan in November and a further three years of six monthly appointments just to check i'm feelig OK. I expressed that I felt uneasy about not having any more scans 'cos of the fear of cancer returning. She saind the highest risk was in the first two years, so once i'm past November, i am at a lower risk. I'm now feeling like a time bomb that might go off before November but also worried about the following years without scans.

I know some of you out there have already gone past this stage so hope you may share your experiences and thoughts with me.

I must mention my dear Dad now. It's been much harder today coming home and ringing mums. He normally speaks to me after all my appointments and was a real comfort. He said the right things and when I called he gave me lovely dad cuddles. I miss him so much but especially feel it today and have cried buckets whilst hoovering to try and distract my silly thoughts.

If you read this, thanks for putting up with the woffle, i'll be back to normal warpiness shortly,

Take care all

love

Jan xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sending you some big hugs and cyber chocolate (which always does it for me) xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh my word I had no idea you were on your own horrible journey, and to have watched and nursed your dad too, my heart breaks for you :(

Great news on your cancer though, well done you!  Will they revise your grading now?  I can imagine what it is like to live knowing it could come back, I was scared that if dad finished his treatment we would be waiting and every ache or pain would be such a worry.  I guess you'll get comfort in time when you continue to feel well :) I was surprised at how unoffensive stoma's are, I didn't know much about them until we knew dad was going to have one, when I saw the book with pictures it was a bit of a shock, but helping dad care for his was absolutely fine so I'm glad you too embraced yours :)

I can't imagine how it must feel for you losing your dad when you are battling yourself. But your dad is there with you, holding your hand and he'll keep the bugger at bay for you, you'll see :)

BIG HUGS xxxx

• Hello Jan

I guess it has been said the checks and results waiting always causes wobbles and worries of what if

It's also reassuring when we have scans as it can detect things quickly in one way it is positive when they say you wont need any for 6 months but it is also again putting you in a what if situation

The person who would give you reassurance and who you could talk to after your appointments has so sadly gone and though you miss him so much at times like these it must be even more so.

Sending you the warmest and biggest hugs 

Cruton xxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thankyou so much for all your kind and supportive replies and all my much needed hugs are just wonderful. Oh and the chockie is a nice treat Strephy, thanks.

Off loading my head onto here is very theraputic i find but then when so many lovely replies are there waiting for me it warms my heart honestly, so thanks again.

Right, i'm all pepped up and I can feel the warpiness brewing. I think a glass of wine tonight and a chippy tea, then slob out in ny pj's with my laptop and you lot. catch you later.

Big hugs back and much love

Take care

Jan xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan,

Great news, brilliant!!!! I know why you are worried about not being scanned again, but I guess they know best having seen so many of us.

I take a lot of strength and courage from you, because you and I are not so different in what we have been through in our cancer experience but I'm a year behind you and you are another bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Enjoy your wine and chips (you know how to live the high life girl!) and I hope your head gets in a better place.

Tight lines  ((((((((hugs))))))))))

Tim xxx