How I feel

Less than one minute read time.

It's very difficult when a loved one has cancer, being a carer, wife, mother,  to express how you are feeling without feeling guilty.  

To watch the one you love struggling, when they are so determined, and not say anything,  all they  are really trying to do is protect others. 

It has taken a long time to start my blog, as i find it really difficult to express how i am feeling, but have decided, now, for self preservation, its time to start.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

This is the best place to express your feelings, vent your anger, shed your tears. It is also a good place to laugh something you might feel that you may never do again, but you will and on here is a host of wonderful people who understand your feelings, and they are waiting for you to reach out to them for support. Take Care of yourself. I am sending you a big hug Love Julie XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I look forwardd to hearing more Starshine - your own feelings are just as valid as the person you are caring for. A lot of us here recognise the cancer experience is often just as hard for the carer - if not harder - for they often feel helpless.

If we don't have a way to express our emotions, release our emotions it makes for a very tense body and a stressed mind. Have you considered getting any help? I have found speakig to a psychiatrist has helped me get my thoughts in order and I feel far more comfortable with my own situation than I did. - Anyway it might ot be for everyone but I can only say it has helped me.

I wish you well and am so glad you were able to start your blog. Love and hugs Jools xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Welcome to the club nobody wants to join. So many of us are the same position.  I hope you will draw strength and support from knowing you are not alone.  You can always vent your feelings on this site.  Just a thought, have you joined the carers group?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Starshine,

I have been diagnosed with kidney cancer with possible "over activity" on my spine, I know its hard for me but also I know its twice as hard for my wife/carer/best friend.

Nothing I can say to my other half could express how much I need and apreciate her support and love at this time of uncertanty.

I am sure that many of us patients feel the same, but may not know how to express it.

Love and best wishes to all.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for all the replies, it has all been interesting advice.

I sometime want to vent and feel sad, but find it really difficult, when he is so brave and does not complain himself.  For sure, the uncertainty we live with, on this journey, is one of the most difficult things to deal with.

I also think as we approach scan times we both become more unsettled as it brings the uncertainty of what is happening closer. We have always dealt with stuff together, but thats hard as we are on  different paths on our journey.

Ten year old demanding attention!!, will blog again soon

my best wishes to all affected by cancer.