Carrying on

Less than one minute read time.

How on earth do you carry on without your soul mate, I am finding it really difficult and am really not sure what to do, i know its early days, its four weeks on Wednesday,  but i just can not imagine it will ever feel any better ever again.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Starshine,

It is early days. I wish I could give you some words of comfort but I cant. People say that time is a great healer.

But its not . You have your memories and yes over the years the pain might gradually ease. But for you life will

carry on,and who knows what the future might hold.

Look after yourself. May your soulmate R.I.P.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My relative passed 2 years in feb (little sis) and her husband still crys more than once every day, lost interest in most things, then a couple of weeks ago I fond a book of poems that was mums he found so much comfort from the words, yes they make him cry but he has said it seems better to have a reason for it not just a blubber not knowing what started it.I am sure you will find your way to cope with this but it is early days, and perhaps Bob will show you the way, I know Pat has been with her hubby at times, and he has found comfort from it for a while, but he is not coping very well at times, but he has stopped drinking and doing driving for the hospice, his children thought this would not help but it has, Pat fought cancer for 7 years and was going to and from hospitals on a regular basis and I think he missed that as well, but he is helping others and in a strange way to some, enjoying being amongest it all again. not sure enjoying is the right word but that is what it seems to be. I am sure you will find a way to make it bearable for you just take it when the feeling comes that this is how you now want to be.So very different but livable xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Huge (((((((((((hugs)))))))))) Linda, I have no words, how I wish I could take you pain away.

Love Maryxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Starshine

I have no words that will comfort you, but please know my thoughts are with you at this very sad time in your life.

God Bless

Jules xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi myself and the kids ar six month without steve now, we did the race for life a few days ago,it was an emotional day, we felt very proud of ourselves.  we have put the medals in the memory book the kids have done for steve, it won't say it has got any easier him not being here anymore. we are learning each day to travel on this journey without him but  by god it's bloody hard!!!