Horty's Blog

• Radiotherapy....The induction

Before I start this section, can I apologise if there are any spelling mistakes. The Spell Checker is dreadful, it must have been bought from Aldi's Middle Section. When I was first told I needed Radiotherapy, it filled me with dread. Did I have...
  • Radiotherapy. How hard can it be?

Before I start this section, can I apologise if there are any spelling mistakes. The Spell Checker is dreadful, it must have been bought from Aldi's Middle Section. When I was first told I needed Radiotherapy, it filled me with dread. Did I have to l...
  • I'm home... Now the hard work starts.

I'm home. The last 5 weeks have been a dream. It wasn't me, I haven't got the courage to have an operation. My Black Lab, Rossi ....(he's named after Francis Rossi from Status Quo. Apparently there is some motorcyclist with the same name) leaps at me...
  • ....Definitely home time....

It's my discharge day. I didn't sleep. I never could. I've tried 1 pillow, 2 pillows, 5 pillows, all to no avail. What's the point of those blankets? You may as well just wrap them round your legs before going to bed. But the thing that has had me wo...
  • Horty's coming home

...Just a bit more about my last week on the ward. I'd completely forgotten about the important bits. I'm going to have my Trachy Tube taken out. I've never wanted to look at it. The idea of having a whole in my throat, never appealed to me. The doc ...