Unprepared

Less than one minute read time.

I'm surprised at the shock I feel at being diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus and ashamed at how sorry for myself I feel. My world has stopped, yet all around me life goes on as if nothing has happened. My brother remains too busy to pop round and he still does't respond to phone messages. I want someone to hold me but there is no-one.

I have my positive moments but most of the time I'm scared to death.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi i am new to this sight my mum has just been diagnosed with bile duct cancer i am finding it hard to cope with as i do not have anyone to talk to and would like to know more about this type of cancer and any one that has started treatment for this mum is doing great at mo she had a stent put in 2weeks ago which has worked wonders before the stent was put in she had drainage bags fitted for 5 weeks and it is# nice to see her looking normal again in fact she looks great it is me that looks  unwell with all the worrying if there is any one out there that can help i would love to hear from you  

big hugs to everyone xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Harvey and Bobo,

I am new here too and am caring for my partner who has just been told he has cancer. This site is wonderful as can be seen from all the posts above, the warmth and generosity and positivity of these people makes me want to cry. Please come back here often, courage and strength to you both,

Hugs from Essex.XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Harvey and Bobo

You have definitely a right place to find support...some of us are better than others at saying just the right thing but I can see you have had an immediate and positive response.  We have all been and/or are going through this hell as either patients or carers but there is a way through to make the best of it all and find a way to cope.  Please ask .

Many hugs to you and all my mac family ..sue x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Indeed, Lots Of Love and a big hug! xxxx