Happy New Year ?......

2 minute read time.
This time last year I was planing my retirement,rudely healthy and life was good.Cancer decided to interrupt all that.So I had my nephrectomy,the consultant said they got all the cancer out and it had been there for probably two to three years.I felt so fortunate as my mum had kidney cancer but was not so fortunate.So reflecting on the past year.I have had several bouts of haematuria sometimes with infection sometimes not.My scans and other tests have been clear so I dont get that panicky feeling now when it happens you know the one "is IT back "I have retired earlier than I intended,divorced my now ex husband,and gone from a person who had not been near their GPs surgery since 2005 to one of those who seem to haunt their GPs surgery not to mention all the hospital visits.The worst thing in all this is that my brother has recently been diagnosed with kidney cancer and is awaiting his op.This all sounds a bit depressing a lot depressing really but I'm not down I think because I have always been a get on with it sort of person.Life says here's some S***e I say where's my shovel.My friends keep telling me be positive I am more like my mum who used to say "think the worst and hope for the best then your never disappointed" The bests bits have been the realisation of how wonderful my friends are,how amazing my daughters are (their mum diagnosed with cancer and their dad leaving all at the same time).I am no longer a control freak and I know what's really important to me.Im learning to drive but at present I am a danger to myself and others but will one day who knows when pass my test.My daughters arranged a birthday party for me with all my friends and I was able to thank them all for their love,support and help,it was a birthday that I thought I would'nt see.I joined this site and found or did they find me? Some very special people who have supported me through the tough times when they themselves have had far worse to cope with than me.They have made me laugh when I could barely raise a smile,they also made my bin infamous. I'm looking forward to doing the Race for Life with Ems and LM,I'll be walking there will be no running involved.So Happy New Year ?... To you all and a BIG THANK YOU Cruton xxxxxxx
Anonymous
  • Hello lovely people.Thank you so much for your comments and good wishes both for me and my brother.Joycee, your right coming through this has helped to make me feel stronger,Jan how did you know that I am so bloody minded? Some call it stubborn,must be my Taurus nature.Tim you made me laugh why did I decide to learn to drive now that I have my free bus pass?one thing sort of laughs at the other.The vision of me driving my bin and my brother riding side car conjures up images of us putting ourselves into the next Isle of Man TT races.I blame Odin for fitting the bin with a motor.My friend and I were talking about the things that have happened over the past year and I said "I wonder what it would take to push me over the edge"she thought for a moment and then said "your jelly refusing to set"which made me laugh.Special hugs to Hilary,Nin and Tim and special hugs to you all too.Once again Thank you much love and Happy New Year Cruton xxxxx