For the love of wee

2 minute read time.

I just can't stop weeing!  I've never noticed before my wee behaviour, but since last night I can't help but announce it to whoever I'm with.  It's my main activity.

Mum thinks it's because I might be starting to lose weight.  I think it may be pressure on the bladder.  Who knows!  I'll mention it to the Doc.

Today I'm at home, sort of recovering from a hardcore 5 days.  I'm catching up on post and emails.  I'm also going to cook a chicken katsu curry with mum.  

I've emailed Marie Claire magazine to ask their fashion advisor where I can buy nice head scarves.  I think it's time I get all the professionals involved!  I'm preparing for all sorts.  I've accepted hair loss is inevitable.  I just want things ready for when it happens.  I'm also going to see my hair dresser (mainly for a gossip and a pampering session - they give me unlimited brownies and champagne - I must just indulge this time...).  She can also cut my hair.  I want it cut into a short bob - I want it manageable and neat, as at the moment it's shoulder length and becoming a mission to blow dry and sort out.  Oh and I might as well let my roots grow.  No point getting my colour done now, is there?!  Shall save me some pennies.  

I have a crazy busy week coming up.  I just hope I can do it all.  Suddenly friends all want dinner with me.  I'm looking forward to seeing them, just not looking forward to all the meals.  Maybe I'll just have a lot of starters! and ice cream.  As long as there's a seat and a toilet close by there's no reason why I can't see them all.  Oh and I've the energy.  

For the first time I looked at my MRI films today.  Even before diagnosis I was given them but never looked at them because I wasn't sure what I would be looking at and didn't want to start sending my brain into over drive.  Now I just look at them, thinking, I'm looking at my cancer, but not entirely sure where the little bugger is.  I'll take them along with me next time and it get it pointed out to me.  It'll be so obvious I expect once I'm shown, but for now I'm clueless!  Concrete is more my thing people, not cancer!

Oooh my mum has just made me some lunch!  Might as well get stuck in!

Hope everyone is OK and having a nice Saturday :)

Hannah x

Anonymous
  • Hi Hannah,

Sorry you are having to go through this. Just wanted to let you know that when we asked the oncologist about wigs, before my mum started treatment we were advised that most people only experience a little thinning if anything with first line treatment for bowel cancer. This is her second year on oxa and cap and has never required a wig. I Don't know what you will be having but it is worth checking out before you change anything.

Maybe give you one less thing to have to plan at this stage.

All the very best,

Court

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry your having to go through this,the people on here are great, I'm sure you will get lots of comfort and friendship, there are lots of online shops for headscarves Anna bandanna is very reasonable, also your entitled to a wig free on the nhs, and they really can look very good....good luck with everything

LIZ xoxoxox

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Hannah

I had oxaliplatin and capecitabine after having a high anterior resection. I had no hair loss. There were a few extra stray hairs every time I had a shower, but nothing to worry about.

Angela x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear all

Oh!!  That's something positive then, if it's only slight thinning.  My hair is fine anyway so I'm used to that.  I shall have a read up on my medication that I'll be having (it's upstairs).  I guess I will only know once I'm having the treatment.  I'd just rather have a back up plan in place in case I'm not happy with the hair.  Shall discuss with hairdresser too.

Thank you all for your kind words :)

Hannah x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey Hannah, I had Oxy + Cap the same as Angela, and I didn't even have any thinning. I did have my long hair cut short though, because it's easier to look after (well, for me anyway). And I'll admit I was slightly disappointed at not being able to wear loads of funky wigs and headscarves. The good news is that the radiotherapy made my pubes fall out, so you may be spared bikini waxing for a while! x