New Trial Treatment - March 2024

1 minute read time.

The New Trial Treatment started on March 1st,   

The last three months have been extremely difficult, mostly due to the not knowing, or due to Dal's concerns that he felt as if he was waiting and waiting on next steps... We really didn;t have any option other to wait. 

The new hospital is very different to the old hospital, this highlighted to me that it is so difficult to give guidance or advice on treatment, as even simple things like the way the chest port is flushed or how long can be left between bloods and treatment are not the same from one hospital to the next. 

I don't want to give too much away about this treatment at the moment, we are on the beginning of this new Journey and Dal is pleased to be on a new regime, where he at least believes that the treatment he is being given is keeping the "Alien" at bay.. 

It was difficult to watch Dal as he struggled with the not having treatment, seeing the psychological struggles he went through whilst not knowing what was going on, but he took more of his supplements to try to fight back in some small way. 

One of the things the Professor was most adamant about was the need to let the team know if Dal develops a cough, this warning to not keep this information from them, played a role in making a simple spring cold become a highly concerning experience, how our mind plays tricks! Thankfully it was just a spring cold an Dal is fine in himself at the moment, 

We must now wait and see how well this trial treatment does, and pray that Dal continues to defy the odds. 

Lowe'

Anonymous
  • Dal has come so far and I pray he keeps going farther!! My husband is also on a clinical trial right now, almost 2 years after a stage 4 diagnosis. I know how hard all of this is on you too, as his loving wife. My heart is with you both as you move forward in healing. 

• Hi SunLove

Thank you for responding, I do hope the trial is going well for your Husband, are you managing ok?

It is amazing how time flies past, 2 years almost for your Husband , wow, and the positives that Trial treatment can offer is just a miracle. 

It has been an extremely strange few weeks, the hospitals work so differently and this has been exhausting, we can only hope that it settles down. 

Take care, both of you 

Lowe'