Woke up filled with anxiety and dread today :(

1 minute read time.

Morning all,

Had a scare with dad last night, he was still feeling well after his first chemo on Thursday for SCLC (Carboplatin and Etoposide), no nausea or obvious fatigue.  Anyway they'd been for a walk (him and mum) and gone for some lunch, came back and went for a lie down (he's not been sleeping).  He came down and all of a sudden there was a look of complete fear in his face, I asked what was wrong and he said he couldn't see, his vision and doubled and he was really scared.  After five minutes or so he was ok again but then completed of pains across his chest.  He has been having a pain in the middle of his chest and mentioned it on Thursday, the Oncologist suggested muscle strain or inflammation of the central chest nodes due to the cancer, but he said it was much worse, tightening and around his back.  So I called the oncall cancer ward in Nottingham and had a chat with them.  They said the double vision was not connected with the chemo?? and we think he had indigestion from probably eating a little bit too much at once (been on steriods so he has been eating much better).  He went to bed and this morning I am just frightened to death, there are going to be loads of things like this and I'm not sure we're ready as he has been well so far.  To be honest if I hadn't have been to the appointments with him and seen him have the chemo I would think he was making the whole thing up!  So right back to earth and reality and the fear of what is to come... :( sorry for the gloomy Monday morning post :(

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Molly,

Keep that chin and spirit up. Your Dad will have more good days than bad ones. You look after yourself. If you

are not sure about your Dads condition. Phone the Hospital, thats what they are there for.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aw Molly,

Sorry about your scare, remember back to that first day you found out that your dad had cancer? Bet you thought you would never be as strong as you have found yourself to be did you???  Time to absorb helps, don't forget to take time for yourself too even if it's just 10 minutes.

Hugs and best wishes to you all

Helen x