Elly's Journey

• It's benign

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Went to the hospital today for my results and have been told that it is not cancer.  It's a benign lump and is called Fibroadenoma and is linked to hormone levels.  I can't begin to express the relief i felt when the consultant told me.  Hugs to those who need them and big thanks to those of you who have supported me and offered help and hugs.

X

• Happy Birthday to me

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well been in to the breast unit today and they were lovely and very efficient, without being clinical.

Ultra sound in the first room, onto see the consultant who reviewed the ultrasound with a med student and said that the smaller lump is a fluid filled cyst and the larger is a hard cyst which they would biopsy.  Onto room number 3 and had the fluid drained form the cyst, then the biopsy done on the other one.  Results…

• One more sleep

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Only one more sleep then the day is here.

The lump seems smaller today, i can't tell if it's because it is smaller or if it's just that i'm getting used to it being there.  I guess it could be a sign that it is not nasty cells, that it is just a swollen milk duct or something. 

My little girl is poorly today, she has a really high temperature and a nasty cough and tomorrow i have to leave her with my…

• Just got to get through this weekend

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just tomorrow and Sunday to get through then work Monday morning, then leaving early to get to hospital for appointment at 11. 

I keep thinking the lump has gone and maybe i imagined it, then i check again and it's there.  Weird.  I have found that i've had no appetite this week, i think i'm just worried, did enjoy my cake the other night though:)  My friend bought it for me for my birthday which is on Monday…

• Another day Another dollar

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Been at work again today, i happen to work in the same shop as my mum, and she is convinced that my lumps are blocked or swollen milk ducts...gosh i hope she's right :)

x